exercises for lower belly

Options
Hey everyone! I have this "roll" or "flap" or whatever you want to call it since I was little. I'm doing weights and cardio and making myself stronger and feeling great! However, this lower part of my stomach is not seeming to shrink or tighten at all.

Does anyone have any exercises that I can focus on that main part of my body?

Please and thank you!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't use exercise to spot reduce any part of the body. If you're looking to strengthen the area, any type of leg lifts will do that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chubbyyummymommy
    chubbyyummymommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please let me know if you get any good info on this. I have the same issue.
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I got the same issue :tongue:
  • douglasedward
    douglasedward Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fork put-downs and table push-aways.
  • CPlempel1013
    Options
    haha aren't most of us already doing that at least? @douglasedward
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I can't explain it well, but, find body exercised that incorporate the whole core. I may call them wrong but "hatchet's;" like mimicking chopping wood and the chop and lift of the axe. You can use dumbbells, a heavy ball, something you can grasp well that won't break your wrists. Or use the cables in the gym to mimic that movement. Or if they have those heavy sticks you can pretend that is an axe. Don't hit anyone though har har.

Also take the stability ball and hold it in front of you and do the same movement, the chopping and pulling movement. Pikes are good too and the old plank.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting and calorie deficit.
  • jetlbomb
    jetlbomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did just reply to you status but wanted to add more here.

If you're close to the weight you want to be but still have that roll, it might be down to your diet. A calorie deficit will help you to lose fat but clean eating will help you to take it a step further.
  • CPlempel1013
    Options
    thanks everyone!