not sure where to post anyone morbidly obese apple shaped?

Options
WendyAdelissa
WendyAdelissa Posts: 11 Member
I have a measurement problem. I have no butt. I mean my thighs are a little chubby but I have no butt. What I do have is a ginormous lower belly and love handles. When I measure my hips do I measure my belly as well? I'm really short waisted and tend to be hour glass shaped with my hips being slightly smaller than my bust but that was 50 pounds ago I am at a loss how to measure. I do know when it comes to hugging fabrics like leggings, my stomach makes up for the butt that I don't have and they are snug but if I get jeans they are baggy in the butt. And as an aside if there are any people out there like me, feel free to add me. It is always good to have encouragement but to be able to completely understand another person's issues is very wonderful.

Replies

• 37lbs_to_go
    37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have this cringe worth quandary too. When I measure hips I go under the belly. But you should measure your waist at the navel (widest part). I'm 5/4" and when I measured on 5/4 I was 167 and 37.5, 40, 36.6. At my heaviest (non pregnant) I was in the 190's. Unfortunately I've heard the belly fat is the last to go. That's ok with me as long as it comes off eventually :)
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have this problem and hate hate hate wearing jeans. I stick to skirts, dresses, and athletic gear at home. Maybe when I am smaller, jeans will fit better, but I will never have the butt to fill them out.
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm apple shaped and morbidly obese. If you look at my pics you can see me in a bathing suit, looking like I have a beach ball for a torso. I wear lots of elastic pants to pull up over my gut. Then I wear longish shirts to hide the fact that I have Urkel pants.
  • WendyAdelissa
    WendyAdelissa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    lol that's me too. It's a shame if I had to get fat it couldn't have been pear shaped. I stopped wearing pants at all lately, just aren't comfortable, got several house dresses and summer dresses. Then I started to feel really fat because I always associated mumus and things with my 600 pound life and things like that. It's coming off though and I am actually really excited because I thought it would be more stubborn. I am sure I will plateau eventually but enjoying it while I can.