workouts for long car rides???

Options
im getting ready to leave on a 16 hour long drive tonight im not gonna be driving but i know how bad car ride food is! so is there any kind of workout you can do while sitting like abs or legs maybe arms anything just so i get some workouts in plus gives me something to do :P

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Isometric stuff mainly (flex your quad, then hamstring, etc)

Also, whenever you stop for gas/food bathroom walk around a bit and then do some air squats or pushups, just something to get the blood moving a little bit.

Enjoy the trip.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sit on the edge of your seat and hold a pen or a book between your knees. If that is easy, move your legs together up and down.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    My favorite car workout is that one where I pay attention to the road and I'm mindful of the other drivers.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My favorite car workout is that one where I pay attention to the road and I'm mindful of the other drivers.

It pretty clearly says she's the passenger.

If you can, bring a cooler or chilled lunch pack with healthier food/snacks.

As for working out, you can do isometric stuff as someone else mentioned. You can also do seated curls if you have the room. Every time you stop for food/rest area, get up and walk around for 10-15 minutes.

It's only one day, don't sweat it too much.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    running-without-getting-anywhere_956.gif
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Every 20 minutes, stop car.

Put car in neutral.

Push car for 10 minutes.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Every 20 minutes, stop car.

Put car in neutral.

Push car for 10 minutes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May make that 16-hr car ride a bit longer but the burn will be awesome!!
  • DavPul
    Options

It pretty clearly says she's the passenger.

If you can, bring a cooler or chilled lunch pack with healthier food/snacks.

As for working out, you can do isometric stuff as someone else mentioned. You can also do seated curls if you have the room. Every time you stop for food/rest area, get up and walk around for 10-15 minutes.

It's only one day, don't sweat it too much.

As the passenger, my favorite workout is the one where I relax and read a book, or chill out to music and podcasts playing in my headphones. It's one day, there's no reason to fake being active by doing random activities with dubious fitness value. None of us got fat because we took one long road trip per year.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Weighted kegels.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Weighted kegels.

winner, winner, chicken dinner
  • DavPul
    Options
    Weighted kegels.

How YOU doin?
  • xkissylou
    xkissylou Posts: 76
    Options
    Toe crunches or bikram yoga
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I also like to stretch and do trigger point massage with a tennis ball. I've gotten a good back workout with isometrics while the kids play in the tub.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    fall asleep.

If I'm on the road either riding or driving for multiple days - I get off and stretch- and do stuff at breaks-more for my own comfort but for one long trip just for a day or two- I don't care about fitness- I'll run/workout when I get to where I'm going.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    fall asleep.

If I'm on the road either riding or driving for multiple days - I get off and stretch- and do stuff at breaks-more for my own comfort but for one long trip just for a day or two- I don't care about fitness- I'll run/workout when I get to where I'm going.

This. Visit, enjoy the ride, nap, sing. You can pump out a workout when you get there.

As for food... Pack a cooler with veggies, sammiches, fruit, healthy snack.