When do you take your progress pics?

Options
First off I am sorry if this forum is a repeat subject. I tried to search the forums but I got way too many hits on "progress photos" (obviously lol).

So my question... I am a big believer of progress photos, and I usually took a photo every 10lbs lost or so. Since Aug 2013 I have been at my goal weight so haven't taken as many progress pics (my goal was just to 'maintain'). However I am switching my focus to more strength based goals (instead of the scale weight) so I have decided to try to take regular progress photos. But, is weekly too often? Should I switch to biweekly or monthly? Should I take them on rest days? Mornings? Or right after my workouts? Also is there a pose I am missing?

Poses I have been doing:
- front facing, arms down
- front facing, hands on hips
- side view, arms down
- back view, arms down
- back view, arms up flexing

Anyways thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I take a progress photo once a month, on the 9th of every month. I take one facing forward, one of my back, and one from the side.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Take the ones you listed, but also take some body builder poses right after you lift. They're the ones I most enjoy looking back on.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, does it matter in terms of the time of day? Or before/after workouts? I know these things can really affect scale weight so wondering if they affect pics as well?
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, does it matter in terms of the time of day? Or before/after workouts? I know these things can really affect scale weight so wondering if they affect pics as well?

Time of day does affect the pics too. It's not that big of deal though. Likely, you'll be the skinniest in the morning. Just be consistent whenever you take the comparison pics.

After you start putting on some muscle, it'll be obvious which pics are from when.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I've been doing them every 6 months for swinsuit progress pics. Ive been same 5-10lbs scale weight for a year now so those pictures have helped. Maybe every 3 months for someone dedicated would see results but with my flakey schedule 6 seems to work. Next sets in a few weeks.