Things You Will Be Able To Do After You Lose Weight

Options
124»

Replies

• Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    - Be on top and not have to worry about crushing my fiance.
    - Actually be carried over the threshold when we get married
    - Anything I do now but with much less effort
    - Have children! (PCOS makes it difficult and it's not a good idea to be extremely overweight and have children because it can put undue stress on the baby)
    - Ride my freaking bike without it looking like it's going to deflate and be crushed underneath me.

Lots of other stuff I'm sure. You're right, it does help to think about what's waiting! Especially when usually I just think about all the horrible loose skin I'll have.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll be able to wear skirts and shorts without having to worry about my fat thighs.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I'm excited to be able to see my vag without shifting my belly fat aside. It's good to have goals.

Haha, love your wit! :laugh:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Take a picture without having to take 15 reshoots because I hate the way I look in it

^^^This :noway:
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dress in something other than stretchy pants and baggy shirts.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've already lost what feels like a ton of weight. I'm ducking in hopes that no one wants to smack me, but I thought it might be helpful to share the things that surprised me about what I can do now at a "normal" weight versus when I was morbidly obese. I continue to be surprised, as I experience life.

I can sit in a coach class airplane seat WITHOUT my hips bumping on either of the arm rests! The last time I flew before losing weight, I almost needed a belt extension for the seatbelt.

I no longer need to shop at the "plus size" department

I no longer bump into what felt like every single doorway and doorknob when walking around in my house and out in public.

My thighs no longer rub together when I walk!! I just noticed this the other day and was amazed by this revelation, because they always rubbed together, even as a teenager. I'm in my later 40s now.

I can run for almost an hour at a time, at a respectable pace of 6.5mph. When I first started exercising years and years ago (I was not consistent over those years) I never imagined that I would ever be able to run, and when I tried, I could hardly do it at a 4.8mph pace. Now, that's just a speedy walk for me.

Sex is much more fun at this size, and endurance has definitely improved. (Now...to get the spouse in on this venture so he can feel the same as I do.)

I find that I WANT to go out and take walks, ride my bike, and even (gasp!!) go hiking!! Before losing the weight, I only thought about sitting around, watching TV or movies, and what I was going to eat next.

Before losing weight, I felt invisible to the world around me. No one paid attention to me unless I spoke to them first. Now, I'm being noticed, doors are being held open for me, people are smiling at me and speaking with me (without my always having to speak first!) and all of that has increased my self confidence. I had none before losing weight. I felt fat, tired, out of sorts, helpless and hopeless.

I hope that all of you can achieve your goals that you have set for yourselves. They are interesting and some were even humorous. Best of luck to us all!!
  • stefabee
    stefabee Posts: 6
    Options
    To go jogging in booty shorts without my thighs waving hi to everyone!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Mainly, to wear my skinny clothes again. Other things that come along with it are running more miles and playing tennis more fluidly. Not being afraid of photographs.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been doing them as the weight has dropped--

Acutal full-body pics
    Wearing jeans (check!)
    Rappeling down an office building (check)
    Flying without a seatbelt extension (check)
    Shopping in regular, non-plus sized stores (check. Woohooo!)
    Triathlon (check)

Skydiving (checkity checkaroonie).

Next up is kayaking, amusement parks, ziplining and scuba diving. I'm sure I'll come up with more. Today I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while who had heard about my recent adventures. He jokingly asked if I was dying. I told him "Nope. I'm LIVING!"
  • cltx1991
    cltx1991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be able to see my vag without shifting my belly fat aside. It's good to have goals.

Hahaha, I love this and can totally relate!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I think you're stunning.

[/quote]

YES!!! Or holding it to the side so you can shave the kitty!! LOL
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear a skirt on a hot day without having to remember some sort of chub rub barrier.
  • Lyssa54
    Lyssa54 Posts: 81
    Options
    I want to be able to have sex WITH the lights on lol
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    This year: Wonder woman costume. IT. IS. ON.
  • Wheetsin
    Wheetsin Posts: 4
    Options
    A lot of things I thought I'd be able to do, I won't. My skin is just too wrecked. But that's ok. The things I will be able to do are enough for me. I've already accomplished a lot of them:
    - Go to a restaurant and not worry if the booths will offer enough clearance, or the chair arms will be too tight.
    - Fly on a plane, buckled, with plenty of strap left over. AND be able to put the seat tray down completely, pulled out, with room to spare (I travel a lot).
    - See my bones again. Hi guys, I missed you!
    - Go into any store and know that something there will fit me (currently woman's 14/16, down from plus size 30/32 or larger)
    - Not get into another person's car, and have their seatbelt not fit me.
    - Not get eyes warily when I walk into a "regular" clothing store (because they know that they don't carry your size).
    - So many more sexual positions are so much more enjoyable.

Etc. etc.

Looking forward to the additional things I will be able to do once the last of this weight is off!
  • Lyssa54
    Lyssa54 Posts: 81
    Options
    wear cute dresses