Dressing/Cheese

Options
2»

Replies

• MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogurt instead of dressing now - I mix plain greek yogurt with a little but of garlic salt, and sometimes the tiniest bit of olive oil.

Greek yogurt is also way better than you can imagine for marinating chicken. Like, its awesome.

I HATE Greek yogurt by itself, BTW.

This past week I blended greek yogurt, avacado, garlic and lemon as a dip.

Lemon actually works too, come to think of it.

Ive also done plain old green olive juice on my salads...come to think of it, thats when i was losing weight much better! perhaps I shoudl take note of my own advise....

Also fresh salsa.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Ranch substitute- ranch seasoning, plain nonfat greek yogurt, skim milk

It's nice and tart.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I see all the commercials on TV for greek yogurt, especially the ones with John Stamos (yummy) and wonder what it takes like, and it certainly looks delicious. I might have to try it.

I never tried feta cheese (I'm telling you all, I have very boring palate, but I blame my mother, LOL, she cooked this way and it is what I learned), but recently tasted is it blue cheese, and liked it. I might try feta.

I don't like feta at all and check the calorie count on the one you buy if you decide to try it - if it's that low in calories, it's got to be a fat free version. Some people I know like it, but the words fat free and cheese just don't belong together in my world.

my bad it's 70 cal per ounce (instead of the 50 I thought it was) w/ 6g of fat; comparatively Tillamook med. cheddar has 110 cal w/ 9g of fat per ounce. I don't think it's LOW FAT. And it doesn't taste low fat. It does have a STRONG taste so I don't need to use a lot to notice it.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love ranch dressing, too, and went a whole year without it but was starting to get sick to my stomach eating vinaigrettes on my salads every day. A friend told me about Bolthouse Farms' yogurt ranch dressing and I fell in love! I like it even better than regular, full-fat ranch. 2 tablespoons is 45 calories. They make other yogurt dressings too that I like - blue cheese, salsa ranch, thousand island, etc.

I am picky i guess, but really really despise yogurt. Does this taste like yogurt?

I didn't see that someone else already suggested to you the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressing but I know I can tell you that it doesn't taste like yogurt to me. You should just try it...if you don't like it then you don't like it but don't just not try it because you don't like yogurt

Thanks, I will give it a try.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Thanks. Printed a picture so I know what I am looking for.