low fat or sugar free?

Options
janine2355
janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
Hello eveyone. What tends to have less calories? Low fat products or sugar free products? For example, I'm planning to go to a new frozen yogurt stand and I don't think they have the calories listed. Would the low fat frozen yogurt have less calories or would the sugar free version have the least amount of calories? Thank you in advance!:smile::smile:

Replies

• weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In this case, they'll probably be pretty similar. I would go for low-fat over sugar free, because usually those type of sugar free products have substitutes that can cause stomach upset. Google the place you are going and you might able to find the NI and decide from that.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The sugar free one would probably have less calories overall.
    However, I'd rather get a kiddie size real ice cream and enjoy it :)
    I am totally jealous it is not a sunny ice cream day up here in Massachusetts!
  • janine2355
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Usually neither is a good option. To take out one thing, they usually replace it with another. Just gotta be religious about checking those labels.

I do buy no-sugar applesauce for my boys. Some things like that they just omit the sugar and the end product is less sweet. Those kind of things are fine. Another example is dairy products, I buy the heck out of 0% fat Greek yogurt. They just remove milkfat, they don't add anything back in to make up for it.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Typically sugar free.
  • janine2355
    Options
    Thanks. yes I do the same regarding the yogurt etc.