increased water = increased urine output

Options
Pariah
Pariah Posts: 97 Member
so I almost never drink the recommended amount of water, unless I'm trying. This week I started making sure that I got my recommended amount everyday. But now It's like I constantly have to pee, even when I was pregnant I didn't pee this much in a day. I'm in school full time and I have to leave my classes several times to go to the bathroom because I can't hold it long enough to wait for a break. please tell me that once my body gets used to drinking this much, the frequent urination will mellow out.

also, I know it's not a UTI because I'm putting out a lot of urine each time I pee, If it was a UTI it would be little to no output.

Replies

• kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    the first couple weeks of drinking more water did the same thing to me, then my body adjusted I feel like. I still pee more than I used to, but nat as much as when I switched from soda to water. give it some time if you can to see if your body adjusts too.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's normal to have to pee alot, especially if you are just starting to drink more water. I have been religiously drinking my recommended amount (and more) for about a month and a half, and the urination does subside after a while. I still pee quite a few times a day, but not as much as when I started.
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Your body will adjust in time – but the more you pee the better it is for you! Flush out toxins! :happy:
  • js775219
    Options
    Def will adjust in time, trust me.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I usually pee every 45-60 minutes. And my pee is always clear. That should give you an idea of how much water you should be drinking.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Try also being 8 months pregnant lol. Yeah...I pee 100 times a day now that I am drinking my water.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    yes, you will have to go a lot at first but it does mellow out eventually.

I've noticed that since i became a religious runner, my bladder can't hold it for very long. i'm guessing its from the impact of running?? this, and the fact that i drink around 12 cups of water a day, means that i go really frequently. i'm now used to it and have learned to just go whenever given an opportunity.
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    OMG please my boss' husband told me today they need to get me my own porta potty cuz I am always in there lol
  • mendy07
    Options
    Your body will adjust. I haven't been eating healthy (until yesterday that I began this :) ) but I've always drank lots of water, and at first I remember I had to go all the time, but now my body is used to it! :)
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I usually pee every 45-60 minutes. And my pee is always clear. That should give you an idea of how much water you should be drinking.

Actually your pee should be pale yellow. When it's constantly clear, you're risking hypotranemia.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Actually your pee should be pale yellow. When it's constantly clear, you're risking hypotranemia.

I'd rather risk that than dehydration. When your body isn't properly hydrated, you can't perform like you should. I always have to be drinking something, no matter what I'm doing. It used to be nasty soda back when I was a lazy bum, now it's water. You can't hydrate up after you start working out, because it's pointless then.

You'd have to drink a LOT of water to risk hypotranemia. I basically sweat when performing any activity, no matter how mundane, so I need a lot of water.
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I drink at least my 64oz a day but its a struggle...try being a truckdriver and having to pee every 45-60 mins not easy so I drink my water according to the route I will be taking that day..sometimes I wait til my driving shift is over and down my water I like keeping my body use to that amount I feel so dry if I miss a day =)