~~~Zumba~~~~~ Hip Shaking Tonight!!!!!!

Options
Ok, this is my first time...

I am a wee bit nervous.. Never shy about jirating hips on the dance floor.. And now... I'm nervous..

What will I look like next to seasoned or even worse... size 8 ladies shaking their rump.. Emergency, emergency, heavy lady all the way in the back, out of breath... must ...have ....air...

I don't care.. I am going to do it... and love every moment out there!

You know what they say, "Hips don't lie!"

Replies

• lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great fun! And burns about 450 calories an hour – you cant go wrong.

Don’t worry about the skinny minnies – just use them as inspiration!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    You are going to absolutely love it, it's what helped me lose my last 20+ pounds. I burn anywhere from 600-800cals in an hour! I got 3 times a week since Feb and still mess up, never be afraid to laugh at yourself!!!

And your right, hips don't lie! lol Have a blast!!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My Zumba class has quite a large range of body sizes!! You will be fine!! Dont worry... everyone is there to have fun and get Fit!

My tips are:

> Make sure you can see the instructor (i stood right up at the front of the class - i have no shame):embarassed:
    > Drink PLENTY of water :drinker:
    > Realise that your prob gonna have two left feet the first few times but you WILL get the hang of it! =)
    > Keep going!!!

Hope you have a BALL!!! I know i ALWAYS do.... :laugh:

PS According to my HRM i burnt approx 650 Cals in an hour. I always recommend to log it as "Aerobics - High Intensity"
  • kjub175
    kjub175 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about taking this kind of class. I was worried about doing it next to the stick people. I will probably look into it when I've lost my first 50, when I think I can keep up.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I adore Zumba....because every move is repeated. I'm dance-impaired, and it's just great for me!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's awesome ... Just go do it!

I've got two strikes against me ... I'm a guy, and I'm large. I was pretty nervous my first time too. Fast forward to 4 months later ... I'm going to Zumba four nights a week, and I'm loving it. It will be difficult at first, and you might feel overwhelmed, but don't give up! Just try to be aware your own personal space (and that of other's) and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

And now .. .I'm off to Zumba class! :drinker:
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way...but once you start dancing all that nervousness fades away! If you can take a buddy with you... then you guys can LOL together when you mess up! Thats what I did and we had a blast! She fell off but Im still going strong!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options

What will I look like next to seasoned or even worse... size 8 ladies shaking their rump.. Emergency, emergency, heavy lady all the way in the back, out of breath... must ...have ....air...

You know what they say, "Hips don't lie!"

That's funny. You make me laugh. I always wanted to try it to but thought the same thing. You will have to let me know how it goes.
  • Lugenna
    Lugenna Posts: 28
    Options
    Can I say......wowzer!!!!

I absolutely love it, forget the fact that I won't be able to walk tomorrow and will have to go get BenGay or something.. I absolutely loved it.. Yes, yes, yes my friends, I was sooooo offbeat, but man, I got those hips shaking. I'm going back on Thursday.. Out-Friggin-Standing!!
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I went once loved it but didnt have the time for it.... but my college just started offer it as a physical ed class for credit.. so I am taking it in the spring when they start offering it... I will be required to go... So I can't slack or I lose the money I paid and could lose finicial aid so that determination right there... lol Can't wait to do it agian... expecially 3 days a week Mon Wed Fri.. woot woot then on tues thurs will do a reg workout at the gym that will def jump start me