To add daily job related work to cardio

Options
Hey,

I'm a Kindergarten teacher as well as a gymnastics coach, which obviously means I move a lot through out my day. Do I add this as cardio? My old program had deskwork as an exercise and this one doesn't. Just wondering if anyone else adds their daily activities to their workouts?

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    If it is something that you do every day, add it to the your activity level in the goal settings. I'd say it was an active lifestyle. Then just add the additional exercises you do - less work and chance for error :) The tool will up your calorie allowance automatically with no intervention.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Because I am active all day, I set my profile to show that I have a moderately active lifestyle......that sets my basic calorie allowance higher than if I were at a desk all day.....then when I do things that are not a regular part of my day, I add them in...you don't want to overestimate your calories burned or you may end up eating more than you are actually burning.....always err on the side of underestimating calories burned and overestimating calories consumed.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    you can change your activity level to lightly active, active, or very active depending on what you think you're at.

It's under settings>update diet/fitness profile.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    My daily routine is typically sedentary with mostly desk work. When I have to trek across our huge campus several times in a day, I claim that time. Or if I have to do a training, or am doing a marathon clinical review (different than my normal routine), I claim that. If the work you do is something you do routinely, then you probably shouldn't claim it, but if it is different, then yes.

Vickie