Detox/Body Cleanse??

Options
I think i'm doing really well eating and with working out and keeping myself diciplined and focused on the goals (although the anniversary and wedding cake is kinda putting a kink in it....but tradition is tradition!) But i'd really like to detox/cleanse my body and get a fresh start. does anyone have suggestions for a product that is good? I can't do the apple-vinegar or whatever it is that my girlfriend tried. it really worked for her but i can't handle the taste....

:ohwell:

Replies

• ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i would love to do this too bump for later
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Name just one toxin that is removed, not the word toxin but the acttual toxin.
  • sweetsierra
    Options
    Don't do a crazy drastic detox! The MasterCleanse, and other detoxes like it, are horrible for your body! There's an article in Self magazine this month (the one with Elizabeth Banks on the cover) about detoxes that I highly recommend. The safest way to detox is to eat a really clean diet of mostly vegetables, fruit, whole grains (like rice), and legumes. Avoid dairy, meat, processed food, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. Drink lots and lots of water. Hope this helps!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Why not try an ALL NATURAL DETOX???

All you eat is Fruit, Veggies & Meat... all you drink is water... and LOTS MORE THAN USUAL??
  • mrskelsey24
    mrskelsey24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    On the Dr. Oz show "The Truth About Food" he does a study about detox diets to see if they work. He takes 10 sorority sisters - 5 eat healthy food in the proper portions for 5 days (all the food is regulated to be sure they are sticking to the rules) the other 5 do a detox juice cleanse. Every meal was a juice of fruits and veggies. At the end of 5 days they retested their systems and the girls that did the detox were no healthier than the girls that just ate healthy. All 10 were healthier but doing the detox didn't have any benefits over just eating healthy and drinking water.
    I just wanted to share. I found that so interesting since I definitely thought detox worked great.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You're doing really well with eating right and working out (as you said), so why change what you're doing, stick with what's working! You're on the right track, all you need is patience and consistency. :)
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    I am doing a raw foods cleanse now and I really am enjoying it other then the fact that I crave a little for coffee and chocolate. I am on day 3 and highly recommend it. I was a little tired at first and get tired towards the end of the day but I just eat some almonds (raw) and I feel better. Check out my blog about the entire process so far!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jac2lyn