Full-time Working Moms Only!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I always go to Taekwondo on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I also go some Mondays (when I don't have GS) and Fridays if we are not on the road for Taekwondo tournaments. On Wed. and Friday I have my workout at school. On Tuesday and Thursday- my daughter cooks. I cook Wed. Sat and Sun. If my boys and hubby aren't happy with that- they need to cook. We swim in our own pool so that is family time exercise if we can get the boys off of the computer.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have the little trampoline and when I fight my kids for it, it is great. I do 60sec drills and alternate with toning.
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a 4y/o and I think I'm relativley lucky...She BEGS me to take her to the gym and go swimming and play soccer! LOL...I love it. Plus my gym has free 2 hr time limit daycare so I can use it once in the morning hours and once at night. It's a nice gym and in 2 weeks it will be only 5 min away (A 20 min bike ride). I think more gyms should be single mom and kid friendly like mine. For all the single mums, invest in a gym like mine. THey make it easy as hell to work out! lol.
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well if you have morning duty...why doesn't your husband take evening duty on the days you want to go to the gym? He could cook and get the kids settled down and then when you get back you guys could sit down to dinner maybe a little later. I know it is hard enough to change your own habits let alone your whole families, but your happiness is going to bring life into your home just think how wonderful you will feel when you reach your goal!!!! If this is important to you you will find a way to work it out. I am a single mom with two young children and work full time, take advantage of the help your husband can give you, after all isn't that what he is there for?
    Just Do It:happy:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am a fulltime worker with two little girls who are 6 and 3 and My husband is in the army deployed to Iraq right now so it is just me- I walk 2-3 times a day on my two breaks and my lunch for about 10 minutes each then I workout out at home while the girls eat dinner for 20-45 minutes on the elliptical that I bought or I use workout videos like yoga,pilates, or when I need a good butt whooping workout Taebo amped- I also take the girls and the dog out for a walk (well I walk they ride their bikes) for about an hour after dinner some nights.

Just remember if you wait for Time it will never come you have to make Time for it.

Good luck
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I am a fulltime worker with two little girls who are 6 and 3 and My husband is in the army deployed to Iraq right now so it is just me- I walk 2-3 times a day on my two breaks and my lunch for about 10 minutes each then I workout out at home while the girls eat dinner for 20-45 minutes on the elliptical that I bought or I use workout videos like yoga,pilates, or when I need a good butt whooping workout Taebo amped- I also take the girls and the dog out for a walk (well I walk they ride their bikes) for about an hour after dinner some nights.

Just remember if you wait for Time it will never come you have to make Time for it.

Good luck

amen!!!! great job!....:flowerforyou: (thanks to your hubby!(and you))
    hugs,
    Ali
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    In the mornings most times, but my running buddy and I go two days a week at 7pm
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input and support. I have some ideas now about how to shake things up a little in my household - once again, the key is sacrafice on the mothers part!!!

My kids are 7 and 5, so strollers are not an option and to boot now they are playing baseball twice a week (on different nights!) - so that is 4 days a week that they spend on the baseball fields from 5:30-7:30! Life is just so hectic!!!

Where there is a will there is a way, right!?!?!?!
    I jog while my kids are at soccer practice, since you are at a park already....
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    I get off work at 5 / home at 530 , usually I will start dinner (like oven stuff) then go work out , I have a treadmill in my garage so I work out for 30 minutes then dinner is about ready !
  • taysmom1980
    Options
    i was reading what everyone was saying about going to the gym and as a full-time working mom with a very odd schedule and a four yr old the gym is just not an option. but i found as an alternative that we can both enjoy is going to the playground. it's been years since i've tried doing the monkeys bars and they really showed me how out of shape i was! just playing with my daughter was a real workout and there were plenty of other parents doing the same thing, you don't even realize your working out til l you feel it later and your kid will love the time you spend with them. just trying to help, hope you can find a happy balance!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working from home staying home mom - so ... I feel backward from all of you! I joined the Y so that I could get AWAY from my 10 month old for an hour a day! Downside is childcare opens at 8a and closes at 8p and closes 11a-4p... so going before work is really tight and during lunch is not an option (HA! Wait, I don't get a lunch break! My "lunch break" consists of 10-15 minute breaks throughout the day to change diapers and feed the critter!) I get off work about 6 or 6:45 and go to the gym every night 7-8. It is literally the only hour I get away from him a day so I look forward to it! Fridays when the gym closes early and Sun when there is no daycare I try to take kid and dog for a walk... but he is HEAVY and she is crazy... so it does not always happen.

I really wish our Y had a pool becuase it would be nice to be able to swim - something I cannot do now that I have a kid. That and ride my horse :( Don't have anyone who can watch him so I can go do that. :ohwell: Have ridden only once in a year and a half about a month ago when I got my husband to go to the barn with me for an hour and hold the baby.
  • tschmitt2002
    Options
    Thank you all for your input and support. I have some ideas now about how to shake things up a little in my household - once again, the key is sacrafice on the mothers part!!!

My kids are 7 and 5, so strollers are not an option and to boot now they are playing baseball twice a week (on different nights!) - so that is 4 days a week that they spend on the baseball fields from 5:30-7:30! Life is just so hectic!!!

Where there is a will there is a way, right!?!?!?!

Early mornings work well for me and then I go to bed when they do. 4am workouts aren't bad. Also, if they are on the field for 2 hours 4 nights a week take your running clothes to the field and jog while they practice or play. You can get in a good hour and still watch a lot of baseball. Just a thought. Take a couple of hand weights or whatever too. You would be there and be a great example!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning ( I am sure for you waking up and working out before your husband leaves is out of the question lol...) Or I will put Rion in the jogger and I will run to the park and while he is playing I will do a little mini workout (leg lifts etc) and then I will run around with him. On the weekend we go hiking sometimes. I will also take a "family walk" sometimes in the evening.