Getting Started

Options
My name is Joe. I'm a Christian, happily married, father of 2 small children, from southern New Jersey. That pretty much sums me up, except for the fact that I work as a Case Manager in the mental health field and I have to lose, at last count, just over 200 lbs. It disgusts me to see that number because I must admit that I have to lose more weight than most people will ever see on the scale. I have to lose more than 50% of my body weight. Ugh!

I am confident, however, that it can be done. With God and my wife on my side, I cannot go wrong. And I certainly have all the reasons in the world to do it. Who else is going to walk my daughter down the isle or take my son camping? Not some Johnny-come-lately step-father because I died of a heart attack... I can tell you that much. (That was a knock at my death, not step-fathers... I know many step-fathers play a vital role.)

I'm posting here because I wouldn't mind meeting new people on-line or, if you're in the area, in person. The best to all of us!
God bless!

Replies

• MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, Joe. Here is what will keep you strong- you identify as "father of 2 young children". Now imagineintroducing yourself as "father of 2 teenagers" "father of the bride" "gradnfather of 2" etc. They need you to be there for them for the next 50 years, and so you need to get healthy and stay healthy for them. Also, you idenitifed as Christian, so I will tell you something that works for me- whenever I feel like eating something that is not good for me, I say a prayer of gratitude. "Father, you have given me everything I need. I am so grateful to have all that I need. I do not need to eat THAT." It works! God Bless. You can do this- for them.
  • DragonJoe76
    DragonJoe76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mek, thanks for the encouragement!

I posted in my blog that my wife and children are absolutely the reason for doing this and my confidence in my pending success.

Much love and success in your weight loss, and any other, endeavors.