Halloween Disappointment

Options
claire0928
claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
Totally unrelated to fitness but I just needed to vent my frustration. I'll just preface this with Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday! Like I go nuts. I love the decorations, the costumes, the haunted houses, jack o'lanterns, all of it. And we just moved to Raleigh, NC about 4 months ago. We (my bf) and I have made a few friends but we don't have a huge circle yet. A friend was going to co-host a party with me at her house since combined we have enough people to have a great time. However she just back out! Now I don't know enough people to have the party myself and I don't know anyone else throwing one. I hate going to bars for Halloween! It just really sucks since I look forward to this holiday every year and we already have costumes and now I don't think we'll get to do anything at all! I'm very sad and really missing my old friends in Boston some of whom are as nuts about Halloween as me. Ok I think I'm done. :(

Replies

• raeannefowler
    Options
    What if you told all your friends to bring their other friends. Post an invite on your work email. Put up fliers. It sounds like with a love this much you could make this an awesome party.
  • AJThePirate
    AJThePirate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its frustrating when very few people show up to an event. I suggest sending out invites on facebook if you're on there. If your friends like boardgames turn it into a costumed board game night. most games need a minimum of 4 and can be adapted up to 6-10...some games fun for a adults i recommend are taboo, apples to apples and especially loaded questions:adult version. hope you have a great holiday!
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys but really I don't know many people who live in the area yet. I know maybe 3 or 4 people who could come and I don't really see that as much of a party. At least not the kind of party I'd get all dressed up for. So I think I have to admit defeat this year. I'm really disappointed but at this point it's sort of too late for much else. Next year I guess.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    craigslits