A Noticeable Difference

Options
So today was the first day that someone other than my Mom and my husband noticed that I've lost weight. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. Having said that, I sometimes don't see people I work with for a couple of weeks or longer. Two of the people I work with asked today if I was losing weight. I tried to blow it off saying that it was just that my clothes were big and they both said that they could see it in my face. I admitted that I had lost some, but was reluctant in admitting it. I think the reason I am reluctant admitting that I've lost weight is because I don't want it to be known that I'm on a "diet". I don't like people asking me "How's the diet going?" I see it more as a life style change, but labeling it as a diet also sets me up to feel like a failure if I don't lose weight. After I lose the weight I want to, I'll be willing to tell everyone about this website and how much it helped me. I have a long way to go, but I want the change to be gradual and barely noticeable. I want to be able to pull out a picture and show people the difference before and after. Having said all that I must admit it did feel good to know that what I am doing is making a noticeable difference.

Replies

• classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job :) It does make ya smile a bit to know what you are doing is working.
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    Congrats, it always feels good when people notice your hard work. :smile: But I totally understand what you mean about people asking you about the diet, I hate that. I feel like some people are negative about it, at least people that I've dealt with in past, and then if you aren't losing weight fast enough I feel like people judge me. But maybe it's all in my head anyway ha ha.
  • nursesarah79
    nursesarah79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i understand too. people been commenting on how much weight i have lost and how good I look but i hate admitting I am on a diet. use to i would just blow them off and tell them i am not. but lately i have changed. I say YES i have! i have lost # lbs and have a lot more to go! surprisingly all are very supportive and ask me how i have been loosing weight. I tell them the truth and take the compliment and say thanks!
    Though it is hard to take compliments especially when you have had low self esteem all your life and definately not used to getting compliments. Take them! say thank you! and take credit for all the hard work you have done and the weight you have lost!
    anybody on this site will agree with me in that it IS hard work loosing weight and changing old habits.
    we are all out for new and better things! let us not only change our size and weight but also the way we look at ourselves!
    keep your head up and say YES I HAVE! THANKS FOR NOTICING!

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!!!
    :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!