Roasted Artichoke

Options
sarakenna1
sarakenna1 Posts: 261
I love to steam fresh artichokes. They are fun to eat and very delicious. Tonight I tried roasting them, and wow, what a difference. I love artichokes even more now! Roasting them really intensifies the flavor.

To prepare:
Cut artichokes in half lengthwise. Core out the "choke" and tiny leaves from the center. Place in a oven safe dish cut side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt, 1 tbl water, and spray with olive oil flavored Pam. Cover with tin foil and roast on 400 for 30 min, or until outer leaves pull off easily.

Total calories: 68! Seriously!!!

Replies

• sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I love to steam fresh artichokes. They are fun to eat and very delicious. Tonight I tried roasting them, and wow, what a difference. I love artichokes even more now! Roasting them really intensifies the flavor.

To prepare:
    Cut artichokes in half lengthwise. Core out the "choke" and tiny leaves from the center. Place in a oven safe dish cut side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt, 1 tbl water, and spray with olive oil flavored Pam. Cover with tin foil and roast on 400 for 30 min, or until outer leaves pull off easily.

Total calories: 68! Seriously!!!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love steamed artichokes too, but this sounds wonderful. Can't wait to try.