breastfeeding moms

Options
Did you know that you burn about 500 calories per day breastfeeding, if it is your child's main source of food. Yes you burn those calories everytime your body revs up to produces and releases milk. Remember to eat enough calories to compensate for the calories lost (especially during the first 2 months), but don't be afraid to rejoice in the fact that everytime you feed your child you are one tiny step closer to losing the extra baby weight.

Replies

• theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    oh yea! Too bad it doesn't help all mom's lose weight. LOL! Now that my daughter is only nursing 3-6 times a day I figure I'm only burning around 2-3 hundred (it's not 500 for everyone, it is 200-500 calories.) So I added "breastfeeding, 60 minutes, 200 cal) to my cardio, everyday, I take that time off my total exercise time for the day, but have those cals. to work with.
  • ChloësMomma
    Options
    i'm not too sure how much i burn breastfeeding. I was 132 prepregnancy, went to 186 and now my baby is 2.5months and I am 143lbs. I am constantly hungry and consume about 1600cals a day plus I roadbike 1-2hours a day 2-3 times a week, I ride my bike for sure on tuesdays and thursdays, just about 2 hours at a 16mph avg, so I ride about 40- - 45 miles each time. I try to do weights atleast once a week. so im pretty active. I eat most of my cals at night, right now im starving. Oh well.... i gotta eat to produce milk.