Starting over again, 28 years old, mom of 2

Options
Hi all! I joined MFP last year and lost 26 pounds - and then fell into a deep seasonal depression and gained back most of it. (previous progress is in my ticker).

I have two kids (almost 5 and 16 months), work from home, and my biggest struggles are making time for healthy food and emotional eating. Trying to get good habits really set in place before the next holiday season rolls around - trying to also start using exercise in place of food for stress release. :)

Height: 5'3
SW (this time): 154
GW: 130 (give or take, depends on how I look and feel)

Anyone in a similar situation (or not), send me a friends request. Prefer female friends. :)

Replies

• KDesiP
    KDesiP Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd add you but... :blushing:

haha! Feel free to message me anytime, girl! I've got six little ones, homeschool them, and work at home, so I feel ya. :drinker:
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28 year old mom of 2, also! Adding you. :happy:
  • natlagoon
    natlagoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    28 with a 3-month old baby girl. Adding you!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    34 year old mom of two - we homeschool, I help my husband with our small business and I run a non-profit foundation. I'm not really an emotional eater, but I am a snacker.

Feel free to add me :)
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, single mom of 4 (5 if you include my oldest ex step son who still lives with me). I work out of the home and from the home. Working to eventually be able to just work out of the house. Little steps, my goal is by the end of next school year. I used to homeschool my kiddos but after the divorce my ex wouldn't watch them in the evening so I had to put them in school so I could work. I started at 284 lbs (I'm 5'10") and am down to 243lbs. My goal is 150lbs. Slowly but surely I'll get there! I'll add you, looking forward to getting to know you!
  • premneote
    premneote Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    26 years old. Adding you!
  • jmgrazer
    jmgrazer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and mom of 2 girls and looking for similar support!
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm sending a FR :)

I'm 29, also a mom of two kids. Like you I have a problem with depression and emotional eating. I lost 35lbs last year and managed to gain back 10. I'm trying to lose - again - and it's frustrating this time because my mood is so much worse. I find I have a really hard time finding the motivation to keep a food log and keep myself accountable. It seemed so easy last year. My goal weight is the same as yours. Maybe we can help each other??
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and a mum of 3.

I lost 67lbs after my 2nd baby and despite exercising and logging throughout my 3rd pregnancy, I'm now 3 weeks post partum with a good few pounds to lose. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm guessing I need to lose at least 25lbs.

I've started logging again today, and I've been for a few walks over the past couple of weeks. I'm on a payment holiday from my gym until July, so I'll start proper exercise then, although I'm desperate to get back to it.
  • runkimirun
    runkimirun Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I am 29 with a 4 year old son and 8 year old step-daughter.. I also struggle with emotional eating and used to work from home. I think working at home was difficult for me in regards to my eating habits as I would find myself raiding the cupboards every time I took a break :/ Anyways.. sending you a request :)