Hi... I'm new

Happyoceangirl
Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi folks... this is a HUGE step for me (admitting that I care enough to try). I've tried on my own before but never got anywhere, b/c no one was holding me accountable. All my life I've been hoping to avoid public failure but I've finally woken up and realized that this fear is GETTING IN MY WAY and I'll never move forward unless I make a choice to.

I'd appreciate any and all support I can get. I"m already feeling more in control - have exercised the past 3 days and actually paid attention to food choices in that time also. I know, 3 days is nothing to a lot of people, but try telling that to a recovering alcoholic who has stayed away from the poison for 3 days.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for any encouragement and support.

(Anyone else out there who has had similar fears to mine - and given up before even trying - and have managed to overcome the fears - let me know how you did it, and how you're doing now??? Thanks!)

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Hi folks... this is a HUGE step for me (admitting that I care enough to try). I've tried on my own before but never got anywhere, b/c no one was holding me accountable. All my life I've been hoping to avoid public failure but I've finally woken up and realized that this fear is GETTING IN MY WAY and I'll never move forward unless I make a choice to.

I'd appreciate any and all support I can get. I"m already feeling more in control - have exercised the past 3 days and actually paid attention to food choices in that time also. I know, 3 days is nothing to a lot of people, but try telling that to a recovering alcoholic who has stayed away from the poison for 3 days.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for any encouragement and support.

(Anyone else out there who has had similar fears to mine - and given up before even trying - and have managed to overcome the fears - let me know how you did it, and how you're doing now??? Thanks!)
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Three days is GREAT! You should be proud of yourself.......you need to take it one day at a time, so even one day is an accomplishment! Good luck :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Its great that you care enough to make that change. Once you do it enough this will be habit welcome aboard and were glad to have you!!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    YAY! welcome! If I can do this, you can do it too! You're going to love it :drinker:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    You can do it & you're already off to a good start. After a few short-lived & unsuccessful tries, I figured that overweight was my lot in life. NOT TRUE! Keep it going.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to say hi and welcome. It's amazing how helpful it is to have support and encouragament.

Guess what - I hit the scale today and have lost 3 pounds! I stood there in awe because I've never really ended up with any kind of results other than frustration after a day or two of giving in. :) So, this is a good thing.

Didn't walk the dog this morning - had to pay bills instead - but will get up early enough tomorrow to go for a long walk. :)

It's not turning out to be that hard to watch what I'm eating for the moment. The food journal and calorie counter is an excellent tool..... (if it's accurate), I'm amazed that by just being aware of what i put in my mouth, the intake has decreased DRASTICALLY. :)
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    welcome:happy:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    welcome:happy:
This discussion has been closed.