Kraft cheese - still 0g lactose?

Options
I'm hoping someone has an answer; the Kraft website was not useful. My kid is on a "lactose free" (and low acid and low fat and if we could only feed her nothing but boiled oats, I'm sure that would be best) diet. Most of Kraft's products used to say "0g lactose" in small letters, which was awesome. Kraft recently changed the packaging. The new packages say, "Same amount of cheese - less packaging!" which is true, but I want to know if it's the *same* cheese. It no longer says "0g lactose" on the back, possibly because they had to redesign the label for the less packaging. My kid is 2 1/2, and trying to get her to state accurately whether she's having symptoms of lactose intolerance is impossible.

Does anyone have any insight into this new packaging thing? TIA

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I would imagine if it does not say lactose free on the packaging, it is not lactose free. If you have a question, I'd recommend contacting them directly. If they have a FB, usually companies are awesome about responding back quickly with a case # and customer service #.

Lactose wise, I've found that the Cabot brand is awesome. My ex was lactose intolerant, and he was actually able to eat some favorites again because they have so many lactose free options. Pepper jack is one, and some of their aged cheddars too!