In need of a pizza fix..?

stina1985
stina1985 Posts: 24
edited September 22 in Recipes
Something I made up the other day when wanting a pizza..

Just take two pieces of oatmeal (or wholemeal) bread, toast them under a grill until browned. Then on the untoasted side, place a slice of cheese and then on top of that put whatever topping you like... for me, it was mushrooms and onion. Then place under the grill again until the cheese melts.

Only took me about 7 minutes from start to finish and it made a really nice dinner. Served it up with salad on the side and it was yummy! A bit like glorified cheese on toast.. but I was wanting pizza and this was great because the two slices were enough along with the salad.

Replies

• Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    That sounds good to me! :smile:

Pizza I have to say is my downfall, so I make stuff like that now and again... I generally use a bit of tomato puree and mix a little bit of low fat mayo in there to make it more creamy... may sound nasty, but believe me - it really does work. Same with adding it to a bit of curry powder to make a low fat yet tasty curry.

:smile:
  • Have to agree with you, it's mine too! But yeah I find that doing this kind of thing keeps off the pizza cravings a little.

We should set up a pizza craving group ;) haha!
    xx
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Good idea!

Usually Kashi pizza's help me. They are so so yummy and 1/3 of it is the serving size which is plenty with a side of salad. Then I save the other 2 servings for my next 2 lunches since my husband doesn't want to eat "healthy" pizza. Haha
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Sunday I tried the Kashi mushroom and spinach pizza. It was sooo good! I had been craving pizza so bad and it hit the spot.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Pizza! My downfall!:laugh: Living in Buffalo NY, pizza and wings are a staple!:love:

D
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Okay... so we're all pizza junkies eh?

If this is our support group - I'll start... I last was "Pizzad out" on Friday... and it's Wednesday now so...

Ah - got it.

"Hello everyone... my name is Neil and this is my first time speaking out at Pizzaholics Anonymous. It's been five days since my last pizza..."

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.