When did you start to feel thinner?

Options
I started out at 188 lbs and am now 136. Hoping to be around 115-120. When I look at pictures, I definitely see the difference... but I don't FEEL the difference. I still feel huge, and when I look in the mirror, I'm still disgusted lol. How much weight did you lose before you felt thinner?

Replies

• agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    15 pounds. When I started to be able to pull my pants off without unbuttoning and unzipping them and my shirts started fitting better. I know I'm not exactly your target audience, but maybe focusing less on what you feel like you look like and more on the objective changes might be helpful.

Just my two cents.
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm all kinds of messed up. I didn't gain weight until very recently, so I still feel like a thin person. It's not until I look at pics of me that I get that I'm big. This was a big obstacle to weight loss for me. I didn't "feel" fat until I got to the point where I couldn't easily tie my shoes and stuff like that. In my head, I'm 120 pounds. In reality, I'm 230. No matter how much its drilled into me, I'm not a fat person in my mind at all.

I think if you've been big most of your life, part of you will always feel big. Our brains aren't too good at adjusting to size differences, IMO. You'll just need to learn to deal with the brain's odd way of interpreting reality.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    When I started waking up feeling tighter. My legs would feel strong, my stomach would be flatter and tighter in the mornings, and when I started feeling my endurance rising while exercising.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened yet
  • HalfwayGone
    HalfwayGone Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened yet

Same here.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When I started waking up feeling tighter. My legs would feel strong, my stomach would be flatter and tighter in the mornings, and when I started feeling my endurance rising while exercising.
    #

When my belly was flatter, my ribs and cheekbones showed up, legs were thinner, no huge fat thighs
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'll let ya know
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened yet for me either.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    When my back fat rolls disappeared.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I still have my days. I still very often feel super curvy with an overlarge butt and thighs. It takes the brain a lot longer to get with it that the body, it seems.
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm still not feeling it, even if all the tags on my clothes say otherwise. The brain just insists on seeing the fat self, rather than the self-that-is. That part takes time, I think; time and a lot of reminders about how far you've really come.
  • allycolli
    allycolli Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this too. I look at myself whenever I'm approaching a glass door because I still don't see myself as a smaller person. I keep thinking that I'll feel it when I hit my goal weight, but I worry that I'll still feel big. I know that I've gotten smaller and can see it, but I'm not satisfied and still feel that I have such a ways to go.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I still have days where I don't fee thin at all. But I really started to notice how thin I was getting when I could slide my pants off without undoing them at all, with ease. Or when I went to buy new jeans they were two sizes smaller, from a 13 to a 9.
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

This, exactly. It happened, I think, when I hit 15 pounds lost? I started at 183 and am now at 157 (and am 5'8" tall). My goal is 140.
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I'm waiting for this day!! :) I never had back rolls until I had my second child and they seriously have to go!

I made it to 15 pounds lost and I can tell my clothes are looser and the ones that used to be tight fit nicely which makes me feel much better!
  • ambience13
    ambience13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Still hasn't happened, despite having a tummy tuck!! I still feel massive, it's awful.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not yet....
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I think that the unfortunate reality, for many people, is that we are never satisfied with what we see in the mirror.

I remember, at age 20, and 117 pounds, I was convinced that I was fat and that it was vital that I weigh 110 pounds (from the old 100 pounds for the first 5 feet and 5 pounds for every inch over 5 feet guideline).

I also remember, at age 30 and 137 pounds, thinking that I was as big as a house.

At age 40, I was probably around 187 pounds (I'm not sure, because I wasn't weighing myself at that point). I was quite possibly heavier.

I now weigh 137-ish again. At this time, and at this weight, I certainly don't feel that I am as "big as a house" as I once felt without the perspective of having been much heavier. But, I do not feel "thin". I can appreciate now that I was probably pretty darn hot when I weighed 117. I can also appreciate that, at 187, I was very fat.

Now, when I see myself in the mirror, fully clothed, I guess that I am starting to see a thinner person. However, when I sit naked in the bathtub, it is hard not to notice the belly fat rolls.

^^^ I hope that this, for me, will be a non-scale victory one day. When I can stand shirtless with my back to a mirror, arms at my sides, look backward over my shoulder and not see back fat rolls, I think that I will feel thin, no matter what the reading on the scale is.
  • tatecass
    tatecass Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I already feel thinner! I have a long ways to go, but I have so much more confidence and my clothes look so much better on me. I hope you start to feel it soon! :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I felt thinner when my shirts started to fit better and my pants were too big. I just wore a shirt and a pair of pants today that I haven't been able to fit in 3 years.

But the first thing that tipped me off was when I looked in the mirror and my face felt thinner. I still have some weight to lose, especially in the belly, but I know I am worlds away from what I was when I started in Feb.

I started at 160 and I'm about 140 now. I want to get to roughly around 125-128 pounds, so I still have some work to do, but I'm super proud of every inch and pound I've shed.