Options
Hi

I am pretty new. MFP tells me I've been doing this 10 days!

I am really enjoying how easy it is to keep track of my calorie intake and therefore watch what I am eating, basically each time I put something in my mouth.

I have an iPhone, so have found keeping it up-to-date easy and motivating.

I think I have been an emotional eater. I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, etc. Any excuse would probably do :wink:
I have been able to curb that keeping an eye on my calories, because I try hard no to go over my daily allowances.

I had such a bad craving to pig out and binge yesterday, but I opened my phone, checked my progress and figured I was doing so well, it wasnt worth it, and I would only feel guilty afterwards. I am grateful that I have something to keep me in check.

Would love to hear from other people.

Vic

2534226.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi Vic.

Well done on making the 10 day mark! This website is fantastic. You'll find so much support and advice here :smile:
  • span272
    Options
    I have to admit I'm finding this pretty tough - I too am an emotional eater to the extreme and I'm not doing very well at the moment at all.

Encouragement needed!

Well done for doing so well! :-)
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Points to all for being here and making the effort!

That said, I have found MFP (particularly the calorie tracking) to be a massive help and a motivator unto itself. Having that numeric reminder of how I am going on my food intake basis has kept me a lot better behaved (most days) than I would be without it. ...and it is helping me figure out how much I 'should' be eating on a daily basis as opposed to what I can physically consume. (Entire bag of cashews anyone?!)

Sometimes trying to stay under that magic number that MFP gives you is all the extra push needed to curb that urge to just EAT.