calories

Options
hi i have been on mfp for around 6 weeks and have been able to lose just over a stone this is great but i don't really understand my calorie intake that im supposed to be having?.
i am 5ft 4in and weigh 190 pounds, i really want to lose around a stone in 4 weeks for my holiday (if that's possible) but don't know how many calories i should be consuming to do this any help appreciated :)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    That would be around 3.5lbs/week, and is not advisable.
    Just continue what you're doing in a healthy way. Any further restriction wouldn't be helpful, if you are currently losing at a good rate.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're already doing -- change to counting calories when what you're doing now stops working.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    hi i have been on mfp for around 6 weeks and have been able to lose just over a stone this is great but i don't really understand my calorie intake that im supposed to be having?.
    i am 5ft 4in and weigh 190 pounds, i really want to lose around a stone in 4 weeks for my holiday (if that's possible) but don't know how many calories i should be consuming to do this any help appreciated :)

It's most likely not possible, and not recommended even if it were. 2 pounds a week is all the more you should expect to lose safely and sustainably.

Think of it this way: how long did it take you to put on a stone? Longer than 4 weeks, right? So does it make any sense to hope for it to come off that fast? Keep it slow and steady, don't set timelines that you most likely won't meet. That's just a recipe for failure and resulting poor self esteem.
  • samsaints
    samsaints Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    okay thanks for the replies :) .... a friend had been telling me how she had lost a stone in a month and is a lot smaller than me so it got in my head, your all right ill just stick with what iv been doing thanks everyone the advice was what i needed to here ;)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    While it IS possible if you exercise enough, it isn't advisable. The faster you lose the more likely you are to put it back on, and to have lose skin....