Calories burned in the kitchen...

Options
So here is my question for anyone that would like to help me out...I spent about five hours in the kitchen cooking and canning jam today...I looked it up under exercise and MFP calculated over 865 calories burned...this seems excessive. I know that moving, chopping, lifting etc. would burn something but I don't know exactly how to calculate this...any tips? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that does seem excessive.. I never even log cleaning, tbh, unless it's heavy cleaning for this very reason. MFP's calculator seems to really exaggerate how much you burn cleaning.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I would not log anything you were a bit more active than usual, but just standing and walking short distan es and moving things will not bun that much more.....I have to run 8km to burn 800 calories........
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    . NVM
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOL - some of the calories burned are comical and I have no idea where they come up with these numbers! :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it...I have to assume you canned and jammed prior to losing weight?

I spent from 10:30 am until 6:30pm on my feet today too...

Getting groceries, putting them away and then started baking...and I canned some veggies as well. Heavy lifting, lots of walking back and forth to the sink etc.

then I had to make dinner...so 8hours on my feet which is highly unusual for me...but I did that when I wasn't losing so I am not logging it...
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This is daily life. Not exercise. I wouldn't log it.