Do you (or would you )use the Office Gym?

Options
Does anyone use their office gym? Would you use it if you had the option? Pros and Cons?

I will be interning this summer and since I will be moving approximately a thousand mile away from home to a place where I don't know anybody ,I don't feel safe walking a couple of miles alone in a strange city.

My supervisor mention that they have an onsite gym with showers that we could use , If my apartment complex doesn't have a gym that will probably be my only option because interns don't make a lot of money and I don't think I can afford a gym membership .

Replies

• LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    We dont have one where i work but if we did i would use it for sure. If you can use yours then do it...whether before , during or after work. No excuses then right.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Worked at a place that had an onsite gym. Loved it. Pros, its easy to get in a workout over lunch, usually no membership fees. Cons, you're stuck with whatever equipment they have, sometimes it takes a little while to get broken equipment fixed. I don't know if this is a pro or a con, but sometimes its different to see your coworkers in spandex :)
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have an office gym, and I use it often. It's convenient and while not glamorous, still adequate. A perk is that a lot of the executives use it too, so they recognize me there. It's always a good thing when the higher-ups recognize a minion for something good. I go at my lunch break.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Worked security for a year at a major brand shoe and sportswear company. Definitely used the track and available facilities to my advantage. I don't see why you wouldn't use something that's available to you if it's free and you want to do it. The cons are only that you're onsite for x amount of time extra, but it's not like you're working.
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    We have a gym at our shop and I love it!! Makes it much easier to just go either right before/after work. No having to go home, change, drive to some chain gym, workout, shower, change, drive all the way back home, UGH!! Our gym actually has a lot of equipment, offers classes, has a trainer and a nutritionist also.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I've thought about running or biking to work but can't stand the thought of arriving funky and staying that way all day. If we had a shower (gym or not) I would consider these options again. Of course, I'm lazy, so my office could build a gym tomorrow and there's no guarantee I'll do any of this stuff...