Always hungry, gaining weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Find a way to eat breakfast. Eating breakfast (properly) will keep you fuller longer and allow your body to fuel up for the day. You need to eat more. :)

all I drink is coffee in the morning and my first meal is lunch.........having to eat breakfast in order to lose weight is a myth.........if you eat 500-700 calories in the morning that is only that much less you can eat later in the day when you are most likely to really be dealing with hunger. Embrace hunger in the morning, drink coffee ( not Starbuck's crap). Coffee has been shown to have appetite reducing properties from what I've read.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Okay. But we don't know that the reason he doesn't eat breakfast isn't just laziness (sorry OP), as against oh I ate breakfast but it just made me hungrier. Basically if someone's hungry, my first advice is to try eating. I don't believe in white knuckling it unless you have to
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Just a quick look through your diary but drop the Arizona Iced Tea and replace the calories with actual food?
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    In the non-food area, how's your sleep?

When you don't get enough sleep, your body produces too much of a hormone that makes you feel hungry and too little of another hormone that makes you feel full.

I have always noticed that starving to death all day is a sign that I haven't gotten enough sleep (assuming I have, actually, eaten enough, of course.)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    There are days when half your calories are coming from things like tea and sauce and treats. These are still calories, and mean you cannot eat normal food and stay within your goals, so of course you are hungry. Skipping the tea alone would allow you to eat a normal small meal, and would solve the hunger issue.

I tried to also check your older entries and maybe you would benefit from talking to a dietician and getting a sample eating plan, guidelines on what to avoid etc. You are getting consistently a lot of empty calories and I also doubt your calorie counting is as accurate as you think it is.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    In the last week, your diary show you are way over sodium levels. It could be water retention. Give it a week or two and see what happened, because then you will now if it's water or actual weight gain.

Also, though it has nothing to do with weight gain if you are eating at a deficit, your nutrition looks pretty bad. If you clean it up and add more protein and more nutrient dense calories you will feel more satiated.