Best Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Plain 2% Fage with a bit of honey mixed in. You can get it in the small tubs, but it's way more economical to buy the big carton and mix it in yourself.

I'd buy Stonyfield Organic if it were on sale, but it's usually not and I need to keep prices low.
  • tiffanymvincent
    tiffanymvincent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fage with the strawberry on the side. Chobani pineapple. and Chobani flips - Coco Loco....omg...i CRAVE the coco loco as breakfast or even a good snack. so yummy. but those are my top 3.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Fage is the only Greek yogurt that matters.

This
  • brzflapdx
    brzflapdx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fage. For my tastes its the best.
  • skhuu
    skhuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually only use Greek yogurt for breakfast at home or as a mayo substitute therefore I only buy plain nonfat. I really enjoy Whole Foods 365 brand or Greek Gods (Honey or plain). If I get the plain I will add some honey to it and eat for breakfast. It is really filling with some fruit on the side. I used to eat chobani and oikos but decided that just the honey is sufficient for me. Less sugar and more natural.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% with stevia, cinnamon, a bit of maple syrup and strawberries! My breakfast pretty much every day and I never get sick of it..in fact, it's the meal I most look forward to!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% with protein powder.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Fage. (pronounced "Fah-yeh"). It' delicious.

I love this with fresh berries, honey or even a drizzle of golden syrup. The Fage 2% is good if you want to save a few calories and is not horrible like some of the 'low fat' ones :) Good replacement for cream on puds or in cooking sauces.

Don't like the Fage 0% - too sharp for me and not as much body.

ETA Eridanous Greek Style Yoghurt from Lidl is also good - quite economical if you can get the big cartons.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    liberte
  • meltoine
    meltoine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kroger vanilla flavored Greek yogurt. I don't like plain, and this vanilla has more protein and less sugar than Chobani.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I get a big tub of Great Value Greek Vanilla Yogurt and have it with my steel cut oats and chocolate protein powder every morning.
  • sdhoward81
    sdhoward81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We just started eating greek yogurt and I don't like the really sour ones...yuck! I have found that the Fage has the best with enough sweetness that I don't need to add anything to it. I personally like the 0% fat in the vanilla flavor...it is made with vanilla bean and has a nice flavor that mixes well with fruit or nuts/granola with a little drizzle of honey for fun. 190 calories per cup, 20g protein, 27g total carb...1/2 a cup is plenty filling as well. I buy it at Costco in a large container and it is cheaper than buying at a traditional grocery store.
  • sandiebro
    sandiebro Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made some Greek yogurt by straining Aldi (UK) no fat plain yogurt through muslin into a Kilner/Le Parfait/Mason jar ....worked a treat. I'm going to get back to making my own yogurt which I loved but just got out of the habit.

Before that I used Fage plain no fat Greek yogurt which at £2.29 a carton is pretty expensive considering its ingredients - but then again it does COME from Greece.
  • aprilfiege
    aprilfiege Posts: 28
    Options
    I am OBSESSED with Chobani Greek Coconut and Key Lime Pie. Sooooooooooo good.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Liberte is the BEST, especially Lime. But I think they only sell it in Canada, so if not.... Oikos would be my second choice.
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    Speaking of Greek yogurt... If you have an ice cream maker, use fat free vanilla GREEK yogurt and a squirt or two of Stevia and you will get an amazing dessert. Throw some fresh fruit in there to take it to a new level. Almond and/or rum extract to go nuts.

The Greek yogurt is thicker than regular, so it comes out much more creamy.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Greek gods strawberry honey. Whole Food or Target
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ^What Megan said.

Greek Gods brand.

Super firm. :D
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite Greek yogurt. My favorite low calorie one is Dannon light which only has 80 calories per container.
  • MadCountyMama
    MadCountyMama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually go for non fat plain (Kirkland) w/ some frozen blueberries but I recently tried Tillamook's Farm style greek yogurt. It is the best one I have ever tasted. It says something about being made with buttermilk on the cup -makes it less tart-...Idk how to make greek yogurt but that sounded different that what I've heard.
    And the flavors are superior!! Old Fashioned vanilla is my favorite.
    There is also a Coffeehouse blend that I have not tried but it sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to try it out!