Womenly questions. Lol

Options
ErinMarie25
ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
Just wondering, do you weigh more during your period?

I lost .5 pounds this week, but I have been on my period and still am. Today was my official weigh-in day. Usually I lose at least 1 pound a week. I am not complaining, by the way. Just curious.

Replies

• rosie99cats
    rosie99cats Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there - Ithink the answer is yes as we often retain more fluid. My weight fluctuates by up to 5lbs during that time irrespective of what I eat and most friends say the same. You may find you lose more the week after as the body regulates itself again.

regards

rosie
  • art2010
    art2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Always - up to 3 pounds. Just chalk it up to a woman's life! Keep your eye on the long term goals.....
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    I noticed this last week during my period. I didn't gain but didn't lose any weight either. Didn't dare step on the scales since.
    Thanks for asking this question.
    I may weigh myself in the morning :)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah...I seem to retain like 3-5 pounds. Crazy. I just finished my cycle when I started here so next time I am just gonna skip weighing in that week. I don't want to lose motivation! :)
  • raven5131
    Options
    Yep that is generally what happens to me but sometimes I actually loose weight and gain it back after my cycle. I just remind myself I cannot get crazed by what happens during that time. I just consider it another one of things I have to be aware of on my journey. Like stopping to get gas on a road trip. I want to push on to get there but have to stop to get gas occassionaly along the way. It does not keep me from reaching my destination, just a temporary break from forward movement
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    To prevent weight gain from water retaining water (when I remember I'm just about due for TOM) I drink 13 - 16cups of water a day the week before. I always see a loss on my weigh in day or atleast maintain the number I've been seeing all week when I do this AND I don't get that bloating feeling =)
  • Jess1313
    Options
    Definatly normal....watch your sodium in take for that week and drink more water to flush your system
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I guess I should've drank more water since I am on it! I will do that today. I haven't been crazy eating or having crazy cravings or anything which is good! Just been doing my normal eating and exercise. In fact, I exercised more than usual this week! Haha

I guess I will look forward to next week's weigh-in then. :)