Just started a few days ago

Options
Hello everyone,

Today is my third day doing this tracker. I decided I want to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. I know it is going to be hard, but I know I can do it if I keep on track. After that I want to keep going down until I reach a healthy weight. I am tired of being tired all the time, no self-esteem, and unhealthy physically. I have started running a mile at least 4-5 times a week. I have done it two nights in a row so far and find that I can only run half the time and the other half I have to power walk. I try my best so I feel really good about it. Once I feel I can run more of the mile I will increase my distance gradually. I have also tried to focus on eating healthier foods such as yogurt, broccoli, apples w/ a little peanut butter, pineapple, vegetarian vegetable soup, ground turkey and chicken, chicken breasts, and I have been making these whole wheat english muffin sandwiches that have lettuce, onions, fat free zesty italian dressing, and 1 serving of oscar meyer shaved turkey slices. Good luck to everyone!

Lisa

Replies

• MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome to mfp :) You will DEF find the support you need here. It is nice to meet you.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    it is great site and you can do it :-)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • keithjaynes
    Options
    Hello everybody, I just came to this web site by chance and really loved it from the get go. I am a 400 pound man and at the age of 31 with a new son just born last month i am really determand to get into shape. my goal is to get to the 220 range, i know it will take a while to do it the right way but it has to be done. i lost 4 pounds last week and i love how easy it is to track all the food you eat with my computer at work and i I-Phone anywhere else. good luck to you all.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I know your doing well. If you keep me motivated to eat right I'll keep you motitvated. I just wanted to let you know I'm your supporitve partner. I love you bunches.
    Chomp :D
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Options
    WTG on the weight loss already!!! Keep it up :) This site is full of support... I hope you like it as much as I do.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Best of luck! MFP has all the tools to assist you and you seem to have the determination so between yourself and the food and workout tracker you're well on your way!