Does anyone else...

Options
Jamr8231
Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
Feel almost dirty/gross if they can't work out?

I'm currently waiting for a technician to fix my rower, and it's raining extremely hard outside right now, so that means no running. I could almost cry :(

Replies

• janjanorama
    janjanorama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dunno if I feel dirty/gross if I can't work out, but I do feel clean (obviously not physically clean, cos of the sweat) when I do work out, kind of the same thing!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If I have a lazy day where I'm just sitting around at home I feel pretty gross.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Feel almost dirty/gross if they can't work out?

I'm currently waiting for a technician to fix my rower, and it's raining extremely hard outside right now, so that means no running. I could almost cry :(

What !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nopee
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Dirty? Gross? That would be a bit extreme..

Why not relax and enjoy a down day...your body will thank you for the rest.
  • FramcescaMM
    FramcescaMM Posts: 27
    Options
    Not really dirty/gross but I feel uncomfortable. Like I NEED to exercise everyday, otherwise I'll be climbing the walls and chewing on the wallpaper.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Not really dirty/gross but I feel uncomfortable. Like I NEED to exercise everyday, otherwise I'll be climbing the walls and chewing on the wallpaper.

Indded.

I get a bit uncomfortable/uneasy- I get depressed easily esp winter/spring when it can be very cloudy- and it's quiet easy for me to fall out of my habits- which is why I am very hard nosed about keeping them- it's been a big adjustment for me lifting only 3-4 times a week... but really- it's been a good thing- i can tell my body really needs the days off for recovery
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    yeah i totally understand.
    it's like i need to sweat to make my day.
  • No_excuses_nikki
    No_excuses_nikki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Youtube has tons of videos you could do at home for a workout, or Pinterest / Google. my motto No Excuses! .If i have lazy days and don't want to go to the gym I do one of my at home videos or workouts i found online. There are also phone Apps that have work outs you can follow I love Fitness Buddy, seven minute work out. (i have a bunch, like i said no excuses lol)

Even my rest days aren't rest days I still go for a walk/ bike ride or something, it just needs to happen so i feel satisfied!
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yeah i totally understand.
    it's like i need to sweat to make my day.

This tbh!

@no_excuses_ni, I went for a little run in the end and had long stroll this afternoon. Feel so much better for it.
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I panic if I can't burn at least 300 calories a day! So I think I know the feeling.
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel dirty if my workout didn't leave me dirty.
    ....and it's raining extremely hard outside right now, so that means no running.

Don't let the weather stop you. Rain just means your more wet then simple sweat.