Any good lunch ideas? (vegetarian)

Options
2»

Replies

• KudosH3
    KudosH3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just bought Portobello Mushrooms and can't wait to try out this recipe!

It is sooo good, had it yesterday and it filled me up for quite a while - definitely a new fave!
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm also gluten intolerant and follow Kathy Smart's fabulous recipes and ideas. The most recent kick I'm on is the meals in a mason jar. It's quick to enter in the food diary once you've gotten the ingredients into a regular Recipe. You can make them ahead for the week. She also does a similar one for breakfast that can be made overnight and ready in the morning. I've swapped out lower calorie yogurt to keep my numbers down. Here is a link to the recipes and a video on how to prepare. WARNING: Kathy is a high energy bubbly lady!

http://www.thesocial.ca/food/recipes/meals-in-a-mason-jar
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    -Sandwiches are my fave I use Hard boiled egg for the protein and an avocado for the (like mayo)dressing add cucumbers or zuchinni tomato or whatever...so yummy... If you have acces to Toast the bread even better! yummm.

-Fruit cottage cheese

-oatmeal is not just for breakfast!!!

- 3 bean cold salad

-hard boiled eggs are so easy to snack on, fruits, string cheese
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference.
  • CarliP93
    CarliP93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian as well and I eat a lot of low fat cottage cheese. It's low cal and a pretty good source of protein! :)
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have time, I make a big pot of soup or chili (vegetarian) and freeze it in individual portions. Makes lunch life easy and healthy. This is one of my favorites. Makes 8 1.5 cup servings that are chock full of nutrition.

http://www.runtothefinish.com/2012/11/hearty-vegetable-chili.html