Super High Arches.....

Options
I have recently started running and running in my walking shoes is causing me sore shins (but I am Still LOVING it!), I know good shoes are important but I have really high arches and shoes without enough support throw my lower back inot spazms... any suggestions??

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Go to www.roadrunnersports.com ( shoe dog) you can answer a few questions about yourself and your high arches and it will tell you which shoes are best for you! Great fit running shoes are very important. I would start there! or get fitted by professional.
    Start slow and work your way up by adding 1 mile a week. Dont go to fast to soon.
    I started running about 3 months ago, and had terrible lower leg pains, I had to get good shoes, slow down and work myself up in mileage, and so far so good!

another thing I did, was print a training guide for couch to 5k or 10k, and it will tell you how much to run on what days, and what days to rest! It works you up on mileage slow and safe. I am following a 10K program now, just did my first 5K last month.

Good Luck!