Armpits...weird I know...

Options
Ok...so I lifted up my arms today to put on deoderant...and I noticed how my underarms looked...it wasn't like it was before. Kind of has a lot of lose skin that bunches together whenever I put my arm down now...will that little flab go away? Or are there some workouts I can do to help tighten that up a bit? (I guess it isn't a lot of skin, I just personally don't like how it looks...has this happened to anyone else?)

Replies

• cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes! :grumble: and so far mine hasn't gone away, but I've been trying to drink lots of water because I've heard that's supposed to help with skin elasticity.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    #1 - moisturize, moisturize, moisturize . . . i just layer it on after my daily shower, especially my 'wings" as I call them
    #2 - tricep exercises - google them as those will help tighten up the area. You can do them with your body weight, or holding a free weight . . . Im doing these every 2nd day as well to get rid of my "wings"

I certainly hope that there is "hope" for me losing these as in in my 40's now . . . sigh.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    ughh I hate armpit fat!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything said thus far and would like to add chest, back, shoulder and upper arm exercises - by tightening all the muscles around it, it will help to stretch it out and you'll lose the flabby look.

I don't know if you have weights in the house, but here are a few suggestions (if you google it, you'll find lots of helpful tips).

1. Pushups
    2. Tricep Extensions (if you don't have weights, use cans of something)
    3. Bicep Curls
    4. Lateral Lifts

Also stretching could help, try yoga positions that focus on stretching those particular muscles. You can tone the muscles, but you can't tone fat. By changing your muscle, you'll change the way it looks and it might be more appealing to you.