Yesterday...

Options
was really really hard for me...

I was craving everything with sugar... (almost that time)

how do you combat your sugar cravings? I ate so much honey nut chex mix yesterday...

Replies

• abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth often! It usually works for me... :smile: And plenty of water!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Sugar and chocolate were my biggest cravings . . . the more you eat the more you crave . . . as has been scientifically proven. I had to go completely cold turkey on all sweets for about 2 months before the cravings subsided.
    There have been a ton of the mini chocolate bars at work for weeks and Im quite proud to say that I haven't touched a single one . . . quite liberating actually.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have to say that when I saw the title of your post the first thing that came to mind was "All my troubles seemed so far away." :happy:

I really don't have any kind of sweet tooth since my 3rd child was born (I think he took it) except right around TOM when a whole package of Oreos seems like a good idea for dinner. One way to combat it is just not to have the stuff in the house or easily accessible. If you want it SO bad you have to go to the store, buy it, bring it home, and eat it, well then indulge yourself a bit.

The other idea is to find ways to maybe add a little bit of honey to some of your regular snacks. A Tbsp is about 60 cal which is much better than a candy bar or a bowl of cereal. I think last months Southern Living had an article on the benefits of honey.

If all else fails and you cave in to the craving, enjoy it and forgive yourself. :flowerforyou:

L
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Make sure you're never 'hungry'. I ALWAYS have a harder time resisting junk when my blood sugar is low. GOOD LUCK!

Charmagne
  • bigchick
    Options
    i crave chocolate and everything sweet.. dont completely give it all up or else you will end up eating a whole wack of sweets at once! If you do not allow yourself any then you will always be thinking.. I just want 1! and then that leads to 2 or 3 or the whole bag, happens to the best of us!

I have a couple healthier sweet foods i let myself eat 2 time a week, that way I know that on those days I can let myself indulge in a sweet snack. I can also look forward to those days, and in turn, it makes me work harder through the week knowing that I will reward myself. At first its hard because you crave the worst sweets but as you adapt, the following recipes definitely satisfy you....

1. Plain rice cake (or caramel once in a while!)
    spread 1 tsp of peanut butter on top
    spread 1-2 tsp of Nutella on top
    A lot of people are skeptical of this but it actually tastes really good!
    If you like bananas you can also slice bananas on top with just Nutella, or just peanut butter or both

2. Plain rice cake
    spread 1-2tsp condensed honey on top
    Very sweet and always stops my cravings

3. Frozen yogourt, only 1/2 a cup! but eat it slow and add some toppings....
    -sliced strawberries
    -1-2 tsp chocolate sauce
    -1-2 tsb corn syrup

4. Skinny Cow Icecream sandwiches
    Make sure you only eat one though! They are so tempting but you feel better in the end only eating one

For me to think that I can never have sweets is the worst! So as long as you are sticking to a healthy eating regime you can most definitly allow yourself some healthier/ lower calorie/ lower fat sweets once in a while