Exercise Routine

Options
What are some of you all's exercise routines? Are there certain things you do everyday?

Replies

• abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, I play tennis and 2 days ago I jumped in the wagon again with an exercise video called "Slim in 6" - great work out! You're supposed to do it everyday for 6 weeks, but since I try to play as much tennis as I can, I guess I'll be doing it 3 times a week average. What do you like to do?
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I do whatever my son let's me do...and that's usually go running in our neighborhood or riding our bike with bike trailer.
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    Honestly, i stick with cardio. I do 45 minutes a day. My goal is to burn 500 calories in my routine. I like the Precor ellipitical. I also do mix in some weight training but not on a daily basis. I also watch my carbs. Carbs are important but I dont go for those heavy carbs at all. I also try to drink a gallon of water everyday. How about you?
  • rsvp2244
    Options
    Because I work 2 jobs, I don't have alot of time to exercise. I try to walk the dog every night. Last night I picked it up a couple of notches and was almost at a trot. I ended up dragging the dog the last 3 blocks home.....lol:bigsmile:
  • RochelleBlack
    Options
    I do 30-45 minutes of cardio (elliptical, jogging, fast walking) 6 days a week and incorporate weight training at least 3 times a week. Women tend to ignore the weights but it really helps you tone and build muscle mass (don't worry, you won't bulk up like a dude), therefore burning more calories throughout the day.
    Best advice-find something you enjoy and can stick to. Slim in 6 is a good, effective workout video and incorporates strength training with a cardio workout!
  • ucnclmeal
    Options
    I walk every morning M-F. When I started I only did 10-15 minutes at about 2 mph. Now I'm walking 30-40 minutes at 3-4 mph in intervals. Three times each week, immediately following the walk, I do some basic weight training for abs, thighs, and arms; the other two days, I add a 10 minute aerobic dance video immediately after the walk.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Because I work 2 jobs, I don't have alot of time to exercise. I try to walk the dog every night. Last night I picked it up a couple of notches and was almost at a trot. I ended up dragging the dog the last 3 blocks home.....lol:bigsmile:

That's funny and I can relate. We have 2 pugs who are not big walkers. Anything over a mile at a slow pace tuckers them out. We also have a beagle/Boston mix who has much more energy. Once a week we head out for a 3 mile walk. She is pulling me the first mile, on pace with me the 2nd, and the 3rd she takes a lot of pee and smell breaks. :tongue: She sleeps so good, though, afterwards.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I do push ups and abs every morning after rolling out of bed. Other than that, I try to do something I enjoy every day. Usually it's a fitness class at my gym (I love dance aerobics and Latin aerobics). I also take tap, jazz and ballet once a week.

When I'm not in class, I LOVE to be outside. Weather permitting, I bike 15 miles on the weekends. I love to take long walks around my neighborhood. My natural pace is SUPER fast so this is a great calorie burner. When the weather changes, I'm going to try snow boarding and start attending the 'free skate' at our local ice rink.

I also love to go indoor rock climbing and attend the 'open skate' at our local roller rink with friends.

I try to have fun and move my body every day. I don't like it to feel like work. I like it to feel like a physical expression of how happy I am to be alive :)

Charmagne