Question about meat?

Options
Hi,

I was a vegetarian my entire life; however, I started eating meat in late 2012. I do not know which types of meat are healthy, nor do I know how to COOK it healthy. I do not like chewy meat, because it freaks me out. So, I was wondering if I could get advice on different types of meats that are healthy for you, and ways to prepare it that wont make it be chewy. I would appreciate the advice!

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by chewy. My first guess would be that chewy=overcooked. So maybe just be cautious about not overcooking things? Chicken can be pretty neutral. Sauteed chicken breasts in a tablespoon of olive oil with some garlic, herbs and lemon is pretty delicious and goes with just about any side you choose.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Get free range vegetarian fed chicken, wild caught fish, grass fed beef. Chicken you have to cook all the way through but beef can be a little rare. I usually cook chicken for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees but if its frozen or a really big piece you have to cook longer. If you poke it with a fork or knife the juice should run clear. Fish cooks a lot faster, you can google it or if you get it frozen in a package it usually has cooking instructions on it.