Crazy Canucks October 27, 2010

Options
Weigh.....no change,,,no gain and no loss.....oh well. maintaining I guess. Hope you all had a great week. Wednesday already -wow!! go canada go!!! we can do it....Let try and get 10 pounds off by Christmas.....new challenge...

Replies

• Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm in! I'm hoping to lose 20 by Christmas but let's do it :)
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    lost 4.8 lbs yay
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    Nice to meet you all. I am from Toronto. I started my journey on Sept 2 and lost 28 pounds to date. I have been out of cardio for two weeks because of a back injury but am coming back.

I really hope to loose another 10 pounds before the end of the year.

Let's keep each other motivated! (So I guess we should keep track from when we posted here? I will anyway)
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming high for Christmas (20 lb). It might be too much, but then again, I have a feeling a lot of this *weight* that's showing up on the scale is a direct result of poor eating habits and lack of consistent exercise. So, it could be a matter of me just having to lose 10 real pounds lol.

Anyways, I'm super motivated to really give it my all, from now until X-mas, and also every day after that! Let's do this!

L.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today was 238.8. Last week was 242.1, which makes for 3.3 lb loss :happy:

My goal for Christmas is just under another 15lbs (I want to be 225). That would mean that in 6 months I would have lost just over 60lbs. Considering Christmas is just over 8 weeks away, I think it's reasonable for a goal.

Cyndi, Maintaining is better than gaining!!! Woohoo Lucielu, way to make that scale move!!!!
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    ya boo to gaining, which happened for me this week. 138. ick.:mad: scale seems to be going the other way. i have started 30 day shred again a couple days ago and actually entering in all my food in the journal. no matter how much you think you know, it seems to slip. i had to push myself back into reality with what i was eating. i think im back on track now. hope everyone does great this week.
    10 pounds before Christmas sounds like an awesome idea!!! I am in! I think I need to check in more . . . so I'll be posting more. and another goal is to sign in to mfp for a week. lol small goal but i have been lacking and its what i think i need to keep me motivated.
    Go Canada Go!!:bigsmile:
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey Canucks,

I've been MIA for a while - been dealing with an incredibly emotional family emergency - so I'm actually pleased to say I've only gained 1.5lbs in the last few weeks (it could've been a lot more considering what an emotional eater I am).

I am on bored for losing 10lbs by Christmas - and logging in every day (for at least a week). I know I can't do this alone and I really want to lose those 10lbs... it would put me under 200lbs for the first time in I don't even know how many years!!

My other mini goal - drink my water!! I am NOT getting nearly enough. I read somewhere that you should drink half your body weight in water (ounces) which would mean I should be drinking like 104oz of water a day!!! :noway: I think I'll aim for 6 glasses this week and then 8 glasses next - baby steps, right?!!
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    Sorry if this is a silly question, how often do we check back in on this thread?

Shall we do it every Wed, since that is the day the thread was made?
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey Canucks,

I've been MIA for a while - been dealing with an incredibly emotional family emergency - so I'm actually pleased to say I've only gained 1.5lbs in the last few weeks (it could've been a lot more considering what an emotional eater I am).

I am on bored for losing 10lbs by Christmas - and logging in every day (for at least a week). I know I can't do this alone and I really want to lose those 10lbs... it would put me under 200lbs for the first time in I don't even know how many years!!

My other mini goal - drink my water!! I am NOT getting nearly enough. I read somewhere that you should drink half your body weight in water (ounces) which would mean I should be drinking like 104oz of water a day!!! :noway: I think I'll aim for 6 glasses this week and then 8 glasses next - baby steps, right?!!

Good plan - on another thread we found that if you drink too much too quickly (increase too quickly) you get wicked headaches. 104 oz is only 11 glasses. That's about where I am now. It's not difficult if you have a water bottle (it's only 4 fills)
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Sorry if this is a silly question, how often do we check back in on this thread?

Shall we do it every Wed, since that is the day the thread was made?
    Ya there should be a new weighin post every wednesday, but if you want to check in more during that week feel free to. we are all here for the support we need right? i need to check in more, for my own good!:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Hey Canucks,

Hey Tash!
    I hope everything is ok . . . ???:flowerforyou:
    I'll be thinkin about you!
  • amacd999
    amacd999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I've been MIA for a few weeks too but I am back. Was down 1 lb tonight at my weigh in. I am happy with that cause I wasn't expecting that. For me lately it's been just trying to deal with stuff and the stress that goes along with it. I tend not to eat when I get stressed and when I do it isn't cucumber slices if you get my drift! LOL. So I am working on trying to get myself back to an even keel over the next couple of weeks, if thats even possible. I'll try to get the best I can anyway.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Alannah
  • TashaS
    Options
    Well Cancuks I made mini-goal #2 for today... 6 glasses of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I'm feeling a bit water-logged right now, but I know in the long run it'll be well worth it. Hard to believe that at one point I was drinking 1.5 to 3 liters of water a day.:ohwell:
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow crazy canucks! I'm from Windsor, On and my current goal is to lose 10 pounds (or more of course) by Christmas! I usually weigh in on Fridays (I find the scale is nicer to me before the weekend begins :wink: )

Gotta say, I sure love that Blue Menu line from PC! It sure makes shopping a whole lot easier!!

Good luck with your goals!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm totally down for 10 pounds by Christmas :)
  • TashaS
    Options
    Hello fellow crazy canucks! I'm from Windsor, On and my current goal is to lose 10 pounds (or more of course) by Christmas! I usually weigh in on Fridays (I find the scale is nicer to me before the weekend begins :wink: )

Gotta say, I sure love that Blue Menu line from PC! It sure makes shopping a whole lot easier!!

Good luck with your goals!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I agree... that Blue Line menu is awesome!! My hubby REALLY likes hamburgers and by switching to the portion-wise ones I can have one too without feeling super guilty.
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    Ya there should be a new weighin post every wednesday, but if you want to check in more during that week feel free to. we are all here for the support we need right? i need to check in more, for my own good!:bigsmile:

Thank you! I will check in on Wed. I wanna see if I can loose some more weight by then ahahaha
  • TashaS
    Options
    Hey ladies... it's Friday! YEAH!! :love:

How's everyone's week ending? I've done really well so far with the mini-goals - drinking my 6 glasses of water and logging in everyday!! I also stepped on the scale just "to see" how the last couple of days have been weight-wise. Scale was friendly :bigsmile: Looks like I'm only 0.4lbs heavier than I was 3 weeks ago!!! WWWOOOOHHHHOOOO!!!!

Everyone have a great & smart weekend!!
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    Sadly, my weight has not changed since Oct 29th (the last time I posted) I will check in again in a week. I have about 8 more pounds to go before the end of the month.