Ziploc Omelette

Options
sbusarah
sbusarah Posts: 163 Member
This is an easy breakfast recipe that's fun to do with family involvement or guests.

Have quest write name on ziploc bag w/perm. marker
Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, beat until mixed together then pour into the bag. Put out cheese, ham, onion, peppers, tomatoes, hash browns salsa, mushrooms, bacon. Have each guest add desired ingredients to their bag. Seal bag remove the air. Shake to mix together ingredients. Place bag into rolling boiling wate for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. Open the bag and omelet will roll out easily. You can make the night before and keep in frig.
The more cheese you add it will look like the egg is not done.

I put 1/8 Kraft 2% cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato, red pepper, onion, and turkey bacon in mine. It was 270 calories. Nice and filling breakfast and I can make several at a time so breakfast is ready to go.

Replies

• dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm going to have to try that one! I love omlets but are kind of a pain to make - this sounds easy and quick
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    My family does this. It's great for camping too! :D
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    My family does this. It's great for camping too! :D

So do my Scouts!
  • BrendaKayS
    Options
    awesome!!! does anyone know if it works with egg substitute? I love eggs and eat two hardboiled ones a day but then I went ahead and boiled all mine so now all I have left is the substitute LOL
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks! I will definitely try it!
  • gloriocean
    Options
    Can you do it in the microwave?
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    pump
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I mix mine in a cup and microwave about 2 or 3 mins. My kid told me she got the recipe in school 'Egg in a cup'. LOL. I put salsa on mine for some added kick (and not many calories)
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    great idea! thanks!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Microwave omelet? Try an Egg Mug...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/hgsearch.php?keyword=egg mug

:drinker:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • AtomicOrange
    Options
    Great idea, I look forward to trying it out. Especially love the idea for camping.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun but heating up plastic is harmful to your health, toxins are released which has been shown to be carcinogenic (cancer-causing). Same reason why you shouldn’t re-use plastic water bottles and if you leave one in a hot car, don't drink it.

Try the mug recipe someone posted or I like to make egg McMuffins by cooking an egg (or egg beater) in a ramekin dish submerged in water for 1 min 20 seconds in the microwave – using a glass dish to prevent carcinogens.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Bump!
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Diane421
    Options
    Sounds tasty ... will definitely try this idea.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! This is now going to be our Saturday morning before-soccer-games-quicky-meal! THANK YOU!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    We camp a lot as a family and these make a great, quick and easy breakfast! We make them at home sometimes, too!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    This is an easy breakfast recipe that's fun to do with family involvement or guests.

Have quest write name on ziploc bag w/perm. marker
    Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, beat until mixed together then pour into the bag. Put out cheese, ham, onion, peppers, tomatoes, hash browns salsa, mushrooms, bacon. Have each guest add desired ingredients to their bag. Seal bag remove the air. Shake to mix together ingredients. Place bag into rolling boiling wate for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. Open the bag and omelet will roll out easily. You can make the night before and keep in frig.
    The more cheese you add it will look like the egg is not done.

I put 1/8 Kraft 2% cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato, red pepper, onion, and turkey bacon in mine. It was 270 calories. Nice and filling breakfast and I can make several at a time so breakfast is ready to go.

Hey this would be great for a camping trip too. I'm gonna try this. Thanks!
  • cassieinor
    Options

Try TUPPERWARE for the microwave......a baggie will melt if cooked too long...:-)