Hello

Options
I suppose it is customary for a first post to be hello, but a third one in this case will have to do. I very briefly looked at the MyFitnessPal site and iPhone app a few months back but couldn't quite get into it. After that I tried several of the other online trackers including 4 of the big names and while I still use one of them, the lack of a phone-based app is what drove me to give MyFitnessPal another go. Either the site has improved a lot in the mean time or I didn't give it as much of a try as I should have originally, because so far I'm quite impressed. The iPhone app is particularly handy when I'm away from my computer for a day or two.

As a bit of background, I'm your typical software developer - sitting all day converting caffeine and pizza into code. My mantra has always been 'exercise happens to other people'. Towards the end of last year I was at my heaviest ever, so I undertook to lose the pounds and go for a nice lifestyle change. It went great, I lost 20 pounds by May and was well on my way to even better results. Then life intervened and I stopped all forms of food watching and exercise and as expected gained half of that back . So now I'm giving it another go to see if I can lose what I've regained with some interest before the end of the year.

My long-term goal is to hit a BMI of 20 with a body fat % in the single digits by middle next year and to keep it like that until I turn 30.

Replies

• pellenga
    pellenga Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well... welcome to MFP! &Good luck at sticking with it this time!