Fabulous veggie nugget recipe

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
The original recipe is from Epicurious under Quinoa sweet potato burgers. I just simplified it because I am way to lazy to baby sit 11 burgers for 8-10 minutes a piece. I would rather let the oven do the work. The recipe serves 5. Each person gets 6 nuggets at 228 calories, 10g of protein, 9g of fiber and 35g of carbs
INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup quinoa cooked with 1/2 cup water bring to boil then simmer on low until done
1 medium orange sweet potato (3/4 pound). Shredded, bring to boil with cup of water, simmer 3 minutes and drain

1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or one 15-ounce can, rinsed and thoroughly drained

1 heaping tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger

1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic

3 scallions (whites plus light greens), cut into 1-inch pieces

3/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste. I used garlic salt

2 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly toasted

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste

4 tbsp of flax meal

1 cup edamame (steamed fresh or defrosted frozen)

1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted (optional)

Crushed red pepper, I used 1/4 tsp of chipotle chili powder and 1/4 tsp of ancho chili powder

Preheat oven to 375

Put all ingredients in the food processor except the quinoa. Process til just blended then stir in the quinoa. Use tbsp to scoop the mash. Roll into a ball and place on non stick cookie sheet 1 inch apart. I use a Silpat on a cookie sheet. Lightly mash each ball into a disc- like a chicken nugget. Bake for 25-28 minutes. I served mine with a Greek yogurt artichoke aioli.

Replies

• cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I need to get a food processor so I can make this!! Sounds pretty yummy. Pix?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I need to get a food processor so I can make this!! Sounds pretty yummy. Pix?

Sorry, haven't mastered posting pix to MFP yet.:embarassed:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! Thanks.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, sounds perfect for my family taste buds :smile:
    Guess I need to fix my ticker, seems broken. Anyone know to change it to gaining 2 kilos (lost too much to ill health)? Please and thanks!