Any good brussel sprout recipes??

Options
F00LofaT00K
F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
I haven't had them in years and my mother would always just steam them. Pretty dull. I like them, but I think I'd like something a bit more exciting than bland, green balls. :\

i'm definitely trying this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-brussels-sprouts-apples-10000001932673/

But I'd love some more ideas. :]

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I usually just slice them in half, toss them in a bit of EVOO and salt and pepper, then roast them at 400-425 for awhile until they're carmelized and delicious!
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like to just roast them in olive oil, but they're also good with balsamic vinegar:
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/11/roasted-brussels-sprouts-avocado-pecans.html

You can leave out the avocados and pecans if you just want the Brussels sprouts on their own. I make it both ways depending on what it's being served with.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Roasting with salt pepper and olive oil
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I spritz olive oil over them and add water/choice of spice (I use Mrs. Dash) and let bake.
    The moisture+fat give them a delicious taste. :)
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Roasted Brussel sprouts with EVOO, Garlic Powder, and Parmesan Cheese. Mama mia! so good
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    yup, roasting them is amazing, but I use duck fat, not olive oil - lot more flavor and it browns/crisps them better IMO. You don't need much, either - for a while I resisted roasting cos I thought the fat would add too many calories, but I do a huge batch and only use about a tablespoon of duck fat, so it ends up to not many cals at all, and it tastes amazing. I toss them in the melted duck fat and season with Janes Crazy Salt. They're divine. Oh - I cut each one in half first.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I boil them then 'fry' them with non-stick spray and teriyaki sauce. It's actually one of the most delicious things I've ever had. I could eat bowls of it every day. Forever. No exaggeration. Must buy brussels sprouts next time I'm out!