What's your Halloween Costume!?

Options
What did you end up picking this year as a costume for Halloween?
Is it what you WANTED to wear?
What would be your ultimate Halloween costume next year if you were at your goal?

My sister gave me a huge bag of options from her dress up closet (she's got 6 kids!)
So I think I'll go with 'the Phantom of the Opera" - mask, cap, hat and comfy LBD.
Next year, I want SO badly to wear this slinky toga from my work's costume department (I work
in administration at a theatre). I would be Athena, a goddess!!

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to be beetlejuice, but didn't have time to make my costume this year, so I went flapper, using this old flapper dress i bought for $5 from the thrift store several years ago. At least I could fit into it!!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This year my husband got to decide what we were going to be (we like to dress up as couples). He chose to be home made super heros! Don't know what you'd call his super hero exactly... purple stretchy pants, green belly shirt, slippers, mullet, Billy Bob teeth, pink sweat band, and a gold cape. He chose for me to be a super workout hero... got a cute new workout outfit, gonna wear my cute workout shoes that match the outfit, carry some small weights around, and he got me a shiny green cape to wear. He even got some fabric for our puppy that has doggy bones on it to make him a little super hero cape and a little mask. I think it'll be fun! I'm excited to show off how hard I've worked on my body by wearing some little spandex shorts and a cute little racer back tank.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I convinced my boyfriend that we should go as Elizabeth Bennent and Mr. Darcy... from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I sewed both our costumes, and I'm not gonna lie, I like that mine has a flattering empire waistline and a very forgiving skirt. It makes me look a little preggo, but it definitely hides the stomach rolls and still looks cute. And zombie makeup is always a win, so I'm really happy with it.

Next year I'd like to do something a little more racy, but I want to stick with a unique costume as well and maybe homemade again. I bought one of those generic-Party City flapper dresses last year and it was terrible (congrats, modernfemme, on finding a thrift store dress, mine cost much more than $5!). Never again.
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    i'm going to tape 2 quarters to my shirt and be '50 cent'

next year maybe i'll be something sexy :)
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going as an Old West couple. I'm wearing a bustle dress from a play in high school (and yes, it fits! there's even a little extra room in it!) and my boyfriend is wearing his really nice vest, his grandfather's pocket watch, etc. We're broke/cheap so we bought almost nothing. He got a cane from a Halloween store, and I got a mini-Fedora that I decorated to look like a lady's hat from the old west. That's it. :)

And I've done the skimpy costumes plenty of times, and even though I have a better body for it now than many of the times I've worn them before, I really don't want to wear them again. I decided I'd rather not keep checking to make sure that I'm completely appropriate every 5 minutes. However, I would like to go as a saloon girl or can-can dancer one year--and not the fake-looking crap you get at the Halloween store, something a little more authentic, like from Moulin Rouge. So the problem there isn't my goal weight--it's my lack of money or ability to sew. :p
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oh nothing. Next year I will dress up probably.

I am just wearing a plain ol' Halloween shirt this year. It's orange with a black cat on it and pumpkins. :D
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I want *SO* badly to go either as Roger & Jessica Rabbit or Mickey & Mallory (from Natural Born Killers) but my boyfriend refuses to be Roger and has never seen NBK so we're not doing a couple costume & I'm going as a roller girl (mostly because I'm lazy & I'll just wear one of my old uniforms).
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i'm going to tape 2 quarters to my shirt and be '50 cent'

next year maybe i'll be something sexy :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I am going as D!ck In A Box......from the SNL Skit
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are dressing up as Chuck and Sarah from Chuck. (Yes, I realize only true dorks like us will get it) I'm wearing her frozen yogurt outfit (white capris and orange tank) I bought the pants a couple of months ago and now they are going to be too big. I guess I'm ok with that. :tongue:

I hope everyone posts some pictures after Halloween!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Our party was this past Saturday. We went as Willy Wonka and Violet. I made my husband's Wonka coat and vest and adapted a blue pantsuit I found on ebay for Violet. It definitely wasn't very flattering for me, but it was pretty funny and a total hit.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Orange-avocado,
    We JUST read PPZ in book club!! I liked it enough that I read his other book 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' - which I thought was even better! I love Bennett and Darcy - great idea!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I saw someone at a Trunk or Treat yesterday and her chest was covered with a thick line of yellow crumple tape.
    I looked puzzled. She pointed down and said 'Speed Bump.'
  • cking137
    cking137 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going as Indiana Jones! I bought the hat and whip, I'm going to grow out my stubble, and wear a khaki colored shirt with a brown leather jacket over it. I like this one - it's not too much work, but should be pretty recognizable. Next year I want to go with a more clever costume. I love the two quarters and going as 50 Cent!
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bettie Page!! ohh and there will be pictures!! i made this my goal costume if i made my weight by halloween. my original goal weight was 160 but i passed that and went for more and ohh yeeeea i made it!!
  • sltb
    sltb Posts: 15
    Options
    I teach middle school so costume choices have to fit one major criteria - FULL coverage. Finding a costume that is appropriate is difficult. "Sexy Witch" doesn't play well when you're surrounded by 8th grade boys. Haha. So, poodle skirt and saddle shoes it is. :)
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have a few costumes!! I think I'm going to a party as risky business or "morning after" tomorrow night... because then when I go to the bar I can put a belt around my shirt dress and not be dressed up! Friday night I'm going out with my girlfriends as the seven deadly sins (I'm sloth so that I can do something I've always wanted... where pjs to a frat! lol) And Saturday I'm going out as a gypsy. I found a super cute costume. Soooo excited!

Nicole
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I know its kinda boring, but, ima be meg from family guy. There is a meanie guy at work who calls me meg and i won't play along and he gets so mad. So, I'm gonna embrace it.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Halloween is HUGE for me this year. One of my goals when I started this journey was to dress as Wonder Woman for Halloween. I 'slightly' resemble Linda Carter and my husband was greatly influenced in his youth by Linda Carter as WW (hence his preference for brunettes ).

This is a present for him (and a surprise), but it's really a present for me. I can't believe I'm finally able to wear this costume!!!!

Charmagne
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I try never to be negative on this site, but I am super bummed about my halloween costume. I have had halloween costume DRAMA for years because I am overweight and I thought THIS IS THE YEAR! ...but no, sadly, it is not. I bought a super cute "viking princess" costume and it was very good quality which I was surprised about. WHY DO COSTUMES RUN SO DARN SMALL? This thing wouldn't even zip up!!! :-*(

So...I am defaulting to an old flapper costume I have worn in years past. BUT the POSITIVE spin is I have not been able to fit into this flapper costume since 2007, so there is a plus! It is a plus-size (1x) size, so it is pretty big on me, but I belted it and pinned the straps so it is not falling off.

NEXT YEAR I VOW TO BE ABLE TO FIT INTO A REGULAR COSTUME!