Working on my new bod for my cruise next year!!

Options
Today I weigh in at 196. That’s only 4 lbs. away from 200! I refuse to go over the 200 mark. I honestly can’t even count the number of times I have been in this never ending circle of being “back on my diet.” It’s always “I’ll start again hardcore on Monday”, I don’t know what it is with thinking that starting on a Monday will miraculously change everything and make it all better but I have got to stop thinking this way. My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices that I make today. I am making a lifestyle change effective immediately! I am almost 32 years old but sometimes I feel like I’m 50! I am a wife and a mother of 2 boys, I need to be healthy and have enough energy to put up with everyone. I've been putting everyone else first in my life and making myself last at everything. It's time to make ME a PRIORITY! I have joined my local gym and I plan to workout at least 3-4 days a week to start off with. Looking for friends that can give me a good kick in the rear from time to time when I’m not feeling motivated. :smile:

Replies

• tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When's your cruise? We are going on one in April.

Good Luck with your weight loss.
  • summerlopresti
    Options
    You sooo sound just like me! lol. Heres some incentive, I started Sunday on this website and today I lost 1.5lbs! In 3 days :) Its workin so far :) Ya I said that before I was never gonna go over 200lbs then I got pregnant! OH no, I was at 244lbs! It was horrifying what my son did to my body so now my goal is to at least get back under 200. (im at 213 now so im not quite as huge as i was). I'll kick you if you kick me, lol. GOOD LUCK HUN!!!
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    You can do this - just always keep the goal in mind.

BTW, I'm over 50 and its not such a bad feeling :laugh:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Hey now, no bashing us 50 somethings......................kidding.................but you are on to something when you say the choices we make today affect how we look tomorrow! It's hard, but we have to learn to say NO to some food choices!!! Being four pounds away can be scary, but you are under 200 and WILL STAY UNDER 200!!!! I believe a lot of losing weight has to do with our mind set, and your's seems to be set on weight loss!!!!!
  • Poot1971
    Poot1971 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also going on a cruise in April and would love to feel okay wearing a bathing suit in public. I started again on Monday so far so good ( two days down) only 170 more to go...:ohwell:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Today I weigh in at 196. That’s only 4 lbs. away from 200! I refuse to go over the 200 mark. I honestly can’t even count the number of times I have been in this never ending circle of being “back on my diet.” It’s always “I’ll start again hardcore on Monday”, I don’t know what it is with thinking that starting on a Monday will miraculously change everything and make it all better but I have got to stop thinking this way. My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices that I make today. I am making a lifestyle change effective immediately! I am almost 32 years old but sometimes I feel like I’m 50! I am a wife and a mother of 2 boys, I need to be healthy and have enough energy to put up with everyone. I've been putting everyone else first in my life and making myself last at everything. It's time to make ME a PRIORITY! I have joined my local gym and I plan to workout at least 3-4 days a week to start off with. Looking for friends that can give me a good kick in the rear from time to time when I’m not feeling motivated. :smile:
    Welcome to my fitness pal!! YOU can do this just like everybody else is! Take each day as a personal day by preparing it to be your healthiest! Think about the options of what is healthier in food and fitness! Log EVERY bite and get a good heart rate monitor that gives you "accurate" calorie burn from your exercise and choose to eat only HALF of what you burned. Set that gallon jug of water on the counter and drink it through out the day. Set realistic goals and do NOT reward yourself with food! So many things make us feel better than food! Join some of the groups on here for support (like under the exercise/fitness (where I am) where we log our fitness for the day. it is called the My 2010 challenge: 52 times7/7) and accountability. I work on myself daily, not saying I eat PERFECTLY ( I love sugar!!) but I log it and I jog it!!!
    I truly wish you success and like the poster above said 50 is'nt so bad, in fact I have heard it is the new 30's!!!
    Hang in there and you will look great before you turn 50!!!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm 80 days in here at MFP and have lost just over 20 lbs. It's a great feeling!

The biggest advice I've received was someone saying that the time is going to go by regardless, you might as well lose the weight. We all wish we could lose 30 lbs (or more) overnight and when we realize it's going to take weeks or months we suddenly quit. Well those weeks or months later we are at the same weight and if we had just put in a little umph we could have been there already!

Good luck you and I'm sure you'll find the motivation you are looking for here, MFP is a great community and feels truly like a family!
  • Beautifulmess79
    Options
    Our cruise is set for November of 2011. Seems sooooo far away! But that's a good thing in a way cause it gives me some time to shed this layer of blubber that I'm in right now. Thank you so much to everyone that responded, you all made me feel welcome here. Ok time to get busy, I gotta lot of work ahead of me! Burn baby burn!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Our cruise is set for November of 2011. Seems sooooo far away! But that's a good thing in a way cause it gives me some time to shed this layer of blubber that I'm in right now. Thank you so much to everyone that responded, you all made me feel welcome here. Ok time to get busy, I gotta lot of work ahead of me! Burn baby burn!

this site is a great tool... bu the work is what will get it done! Good luck!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! You have the right attitude and you've made the first step. Good luck on your goals! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! :)
  • Jess1313
    Options
    I knew I need to loose a few as well and one of my big motivators was also a cruise. However mine is this coming November 10'.
    This website is great, it offers so much support. I'm sure there will a few of us who will give you that kick, and you can kick me back!