During losing weight, is it normal to have loose stools?

Hello. I am 29, 5'-4", female. I do have good sleep every night (around 7-9 hrs). I am on 1400 kcal diet since last 6 weeks (provided by my nutritionist) with proper nutrition values. I do 30 minutes of workout 6 days a week (Jillian's Body Revolution - on week 3).
I have noticed that the majority of the time I use the bathroom, my stools are very loose. Not quite liquidy like diarrhea but close. Sometimes, it is as liquid as diarrhea.
Is it normal? Have anyone ever faced this problem?

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,242 Member
    I'm sure it is not weight loss in itself that is doing this to you - more likely you have changed the type of foods you eat to include more fibre and more fruit and vegetables - if this isn't something your body is used to, then yes, could be cause of loose stools
  • nauhq
    nauhq Posts: 3
    Yes, my diet includes more fibre and more fluids than before. But it has been more than a month.. by now my body should get used to the new diet, right?
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Yes, my diet includes more fibre and more fluids than before. But it has been more than a month.. by now my body should get used to the new diet, right?

Not necessarily, if you eat too much fiber then your body can't really adjust to that.

Maybe you should watch your fiber intake?
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Are you eating a good deal of raw vegetables? Some people find them difficult to digest.if this ggoes on,there is chance of malabsorption and you ought to see your primary care physician