Weighing yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh myself every morning unless I do not have access to a scale(on vacation or something like that).
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I can cope with fluctuations - not everyone can.

This. I weigh myself everyday because I use a spreadsheet to track that and my total calories eaten each day. This gives me my average true calorie expenditure, and I don't have to rely on calculators that really are only best guesses.

It's easier now in maintenance than it was while I was actively trying to lose weight. I now know a +/- 3 pound fluctuation is normal for me. If your head gets messed up with seeing the scale stop moving or go up instead of continually going down, then I suggest weekly or monthly weigh-ins. Be sure you're taking measurements and progress pictures, too, because sometimes the scale may seem stuck, but changes are happening anyway. Best of luck!
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Check the scales every morning (helps me keep on track) but officially log in on a Friday morning.
  • aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I can cope with fluctuations - not everyone can.

For me, I find I get a more accurate picture. I can also assess whether a meal out means a temporary or permanent gain and decide whether I want to go back to that restaurant or not! ;)

Exactly This :D