5-Day Cleanse?

Rachaely
Rachaely Posts: 113
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been reading about cleanses for years - you typically have to spend money to receive some type of drink mix. Does anyone know of any homemade cleanse drinks or have any suggestions on a homemade cleanse? Three or five day, or whatever you know! I don't want to starve myself...but I think a cleanse every once in a while is a good thing!

Any experience that you have had with purchases made or cleanses that you have completed in the past would be nice to know, also.

Replies

• I remember reading about a natural lemonade detox that people have done but couldn't find it when I just searched. Maybe someone else will know.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    I could never understand why some one would want to empty them self out and not do a medical proceedure. It not like you have stuff just building up and never moving around in there. If you do, may want to see a doctor.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    I think the lemonade detox you are talking about is the Master Cleanse. I tried it for a couple of days and it wasn't too bad. I was thinking about trying it again. I have been eating poorly and this might be good for my system. Google search Master Cleanse and it gives you full instructions on how to ease in and out of the process.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    The only cleanse I like to do is a juice fast. I feel it is really good to kickstart your system and give your body a break. I do a 3 day juice fast and eat very light two days before and after (no heavy foods, alcohol, etc...)
  • Rachaely
    The only cleanse I like to do is a juice fast. I feel it is really good to kickstart your system and give your body a break. I do a 3 day juice fast and eat very light two days before and after (no heavy foods, alcohol, etc...)

This sounds like a really good idea - it's something along the lines of what I was thinking. Like I said, not starving myself, but just keeping it fresh and low-calorie for a few days.
  • Rachaely
    Bumping in case any one else has suggestions!!
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Your body is quite efficient at cleansing itself, all you need is:
    proper nutrition (including fiber)
    adequate hydration
    and
    adequate rest.
  • I like to do a soup diet "cleanse"... I find sticking to eatting veggie soup and fresh fruits and veggies really helps jump start my diet and gets me on the right track! I feel better when I eat like that for a week and then I am more likely to eat better and stick to healthier options. I have more enegry, usually down a pound or two and I sleep better at night.
    The soup is made of celery, carrotts, peppers, canned tomatoes, green beans, green onions and a light soup broth. There is a "schedule" to it as well... certain days you only have the soup and veggies, one day its the soup and a steak.. I cant remember the exact schedule but msg me if you are interested and I will look it up.
    :happy:
This discussion has been closed.