PRESS UPS HELP!

Options
I'm training for the Royal Navy and I need to work on my press ups. I can do press ups on my knees okay ish. I can do about 20 at one time but I can't even do one full press up. I can go down and then when I try push myself back up I just don't have the strength it's like I'm gunna poop myself hahahahaha. Anyways anyone that can do full press ups that can give me any sort of tips ill be very grateful :) thanks in advance :) xxxx

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    first, are you doing the assisted method (on the knees) properly? i see many women at the gym doing it wrong. they're on all fours, as if they were a crawling baby, and they use there arms improperly, placing them too far forward.

your modified push up should look like this:

Modified-Pushups.gif

back straight and in line with your legs. hands under your shoulders, and head up. the starting position is flat on the floor, with your hands close to your shoulders.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    first, are you doing the assisted method (on the knees) properly? i see many women at the gym doing it wrong. they're on all fours, as if they were a crawling baby, and they use there arms improperly, placing them too far forward.

your modified push up should look like this:

Modified-Pushups.gif

back straight and in line with your legs. hands under your shoulders, and head up. the starting position is flat on the floor, with your hands close to your shoulders.

Agree with this if you can do 20 modified you should be able to at least 1 non modified...

Another thing you can do is when you are trying non modified go down very slow to work those muscles to get them stronger even if you can push back up...get back into position and do it again.