Family Wellness?

Options
My wife and I have made it our mission to raise our children with the proper nutrition and health tools to maintain a healthy happy lifestyle that they will pass on to their children as adults. Has anyone else made wellness a family issue or do you feel all alone in your journey of wellness?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Mine has been a family effort. It started alone and my husband joined in. My daughter sees and makes comments even though she is 4. It is nice when it is together. I know there are plenty of people that don't even have the support of their significant other. That has to be real tough.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    We don't have kids yet, and I'm trying to get healthy before we even consider it, so that our children will grow up with good eating habits. My husband isn't interested in losing weight (he does work out sometimes, but never watches what he eats) but I refuse to cook two dinners, so he eats healthily at home. I just try to get as many veggies as possible into our dinners so that I know he's at least getting some, and I haven't gotten any complaints yet.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    No kids, but I can see that slowly, but surely - my family is coming around.

Thanksgiving is at my place this year... oh boy. Can't wait to see what they think of a low-carb holiday dinner... :-)