Brussel Sprouts- the only way I like them :)

flattsfan22
flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hey Everybody, I don't normally post in this section of the boards but I had to pass along this incredible recipe for brussel sprouts. Its called Brussel Hash. So basically you take your brussel sprouts and cut them finely so they look like shredded hash browns. Add light butter or EVOO to a hot skillet, 3 cloves garlic chopped and the sprouts and cook until the sprouts are slightly browned. I could not get over how much I love this!!! You'll love it too I promise :) And its a great low carb option.

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    I love brussel sprouts in every way ~ this will be a nice addition to my recipes!! Thank you :D
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    I also love brussel sprouts done up with onion and bacon (i use turkey bacon)

cut them in half and parboil them (i even do this in the microwave sometimes)
    while that's happening spray your pan with a lil pam or some EVOO and cook up your onions, and when your onions are getting there add your bacon. once bacon is pretty much cooked to your liking toss in the drained brussel sprouts and give a stir, add a lil sea salt and pepper and YUM!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    I've done them shredded in several ways. My favorite, but not necessarily healthy, has bacon and cheese. Another way is a warm slaw with sauteed onions and a vinaigrette dressing. Your way sounds nice and simple. For what its worth, all 3 of my kids LOVE brussel sprouts. Yes. They are strange LOL
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! I have not really had much exposure to cooking them but will try the options below.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    I know a similar recipe that uses cabbage, and you add slivered almonds and parmesan cheese.... yummy.....
This discussion has been closed.